Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689637
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: British Grenadier! (AWI Rules) - question if anyone can help  (Read 750 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
British Grenadier! (AWI Rules) - question if anyone can help
« on: September 21, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »
Hi

This week I’ve got my first AWI game in years and we are trying out British Grenadier! All looks really good but, in reading through them, I can see what could be quite an important point implied in the rule examples provided but I can’t, for the life of me, find where it is actually stated.

The point concerns DP (disruption points). Am I right that a unit receives one of these whenever a 1 or a 2 is rolled whilst charging/moving? (I’m reading the hardback version of the rules which I gather is a revised reprint. If I’m right in my assumption above and anyone can point out where I’ve overlooked it being stated just put me right! As I get older I’m finding rules harder to read.... and to think years ago I used Newbury rules  lol).

A big “thank you” in advance for any help/advice.

Cheers

Ian
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 08:20:15 AM by Sparrow »
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Red Sveta

• Scientist
Re: British Grenadier! (AWI Rules) - question if anyone can help
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:36:05 AM »
Sorry I cannot answer your question but there is a forum for the rules here. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/generaldebrigadefr/british-grenadier-f13/

I like the look of these rules but have never got around to getting a copy, they are rather expensive I have been looking for a second hand copy.

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »
Cheers!

Offline TaltosVT

• Bookworm
    • Lost in The Grants
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 01:04:20 AM »
After reading a bit in my copy of the rules, my understanding is that the Disruption Points are only added if the Moral Test for the unit is failed (a modified result of -1 to 2) while it is charging or being charged, not for regular movement.

"The gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it." ~Ethan Allen

Offline DCRBrown

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
Ian,

Yes, it applies to moving and changing formation.

When rolling your movement dice if you roll a 1 for 2nd Line or worse, or a 2 for Line or better, you will suffer a DP.

It's in Chapter 7 Movement - under the Normal Movement section. (1st Edition)

Hope that helps.

DB

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 01:27:45 PM »
Cheers - v much appreciated.

Had the first full game with the rules on Wednesday and was impressed! They worked really well. Yep, a few bits re-reading we (I!) got wrong but reckon we already have our heads around the key principles. Looking forward to more games!

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 04:55:02 AM »
Another point to note is that, subject to specific scenario requirements, movement-related DPs stop at 3 and further movement-related DPs are ignored until you have rallied off some of the original 3.  In general terms, only combat-related DPs incurred above 3 translate into actual losses.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 06:33:18 AM »
Cheers Baron. Much appreciated! (Pleased to say that’s one of the few rules we got right first time!)