Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Ranger's Journey  (Read 24756 times)

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
Re: A Ranger's Journey
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2023, 03:42:30 PM »
Had another open day at the local gaming club, and so there was another session of Rangers of the Shadow Deep. The game has garnered some interest, and we ended up having four people who wanted to play thus my fellow organiser and I bowed out for this venture into the infected trees. They did short work of it, although the posion made it a nervous few turns in the middle.

Some photos of the adventure.

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2023, 05:18:54 PM »
That’s a good looking game, I can understand why it got folks’ attention! Bowing out so that people could give it a try was a classy thing to do.

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2023, 03:57:44 PM »
Sigrid Runewise

"... and I'll be the first to admit I had my doubts. She seemed much too young. Too young to be a wizard, too young to brave the Shadow.
 Sigrid Runewise, it was how she'd introduced herself to Orwald when she first came to us. A name ripped from a fairytale.
 I told Orwald as much but he.. well, he saw something I did not then.
 But in time I would come to eat my words."

-- Records of the Shadow by Arcanist Vernan

I put together Sigrid here late last year for the convention demo game featured on the last page. At the time I knew I wanted to have both women and men miniatures avaliable for people to use, seems the common sense thing to do in a public event but sadly I was lacking in women of a wizardly disposition in my ranger collection, but I luckily had the Frostgrave Wizard 2 box lying around and threw this lady together and painted her in the evening before the event. I think she turned out pretty well.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2023, 04:04:34 PM »
She turned out rather well. A nice muted palette that really works.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2023, 10:18:18 PM »
Another game of Rangers down at the local club. A friend of mine and I played through my custom scenario The Standing Stones and emerged victorious. Had some good luck with the event deck, barely any gnolls appeared.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2023, 09:46:08 PM »
Hey mate, love the pics. Your stuff has gone from strength to strength. Always a real pleasure to follow along, hope you're getting a lot of enjoyment out of your games.

Did you share the Standing Stones scenario on here? Can't remember seeing it but the setup looks great.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2023, 09:28:40 PM »

Always nice to hear from you. And the scenario was published in the Facebook group years ago under that same name, The Standing Stones.

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2023, 07:40:00 PM »
Gotten into playing the game on a pretty regular basis now down at the local club. Today we finished Tor Varden.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2023, 06:44:16 AM »
Absolute pleasure to revisit this thread.

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2023, 09:22:27 PM »
And the regular adventures continues, and we have a collection of photos if a bit lacking in written narrative this time around.

Later they made their way to the convent of Saint Emilia, where sadly I am lacking much in the way of recorded photos, but you can see a brave knight facing down ghouls in one of the many chambers they raided for the secrets of the decanter's whereabouts. And then the finale where having found it, together with the remains of the saint they escaped after having made battle with a dread terror wing of the Shadow.

The final shot are the survivors.

So here we have the rangers first venturing down into the Shadow Deep, first descending the broken stairs, braving the chilly muck below before finding the Lorenthian survivors and defending the ruins that has become their shelter. A brave knight of that fallen realm stood with them, but swiftly fell to the fiends of the dark.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2023, 11:01:11 PM »
Very cinematic tables.  Lovely job all around.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2023, 02:37:40 AM »
Yes, that looks like a fun time. Very evocative pictures!