Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686664
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Arcworlde second edition live on kickstarter  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
Arcworlde second edition live on kickstarter
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:47:25 PM »
It thought it was odd that noone had mentioned this here, so here goes.

Arcworlde second edition went live on kickstarter tonight. It funded within 40 minuts or so, with early bird offers being gone within minuts.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Arcworlde second edition live on kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:00:08 PM »
 Backed it ;).

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »
I backed the first one years ago... I remember being disappointed due to delays upon delays for the rulebook, and by the time it arrived nobody was interested anymore. The sculpts were good, but different enough that they didn't mix well with other manufacturers. I will pass this time around.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 06:55:07 AM »
I backed too.

I've looked at Arcworlde in the past but apart from the halfling it didnt appeal. The Beastfolk drew me in though :)

As for rulebook issues, there's free betarules available so I hope there wount be any delay issues this time around.

Offline Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »
Love Arcworldes various beasties and they are always a pleasure to deal with so I have backed aswell.

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »
Me too, some of the figures (especially the beastfolk) look terrific, thinking about whether they would sit in nicely with Oakbound's 'The Woods' rules.

The factions seem a bit different to standard fantasy fare which is always a good thing.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 11:56:47 PM »
The halflings are great I use them in several warbands and I might pick up some of the beastfolk to go with Burrows and Badgers.
I've looked at Arcworlde in the past but apart from the halfling it didnt appeal. The Beastfolk drew me in though :)
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 06:08:00 AM »
I backed the first one years ago... I remember being disappointed due to delays upon delays for the rulebook, and by the time it arrived nobody was interested anymore.

As for rulebook issues, there's free betarules available so I hope there wount be any delay issues this time around.

I wrote the original ArWorlde rules and if I remember right they were done over a year before the Kickstarter. I approached Alex about a mutual exchange, I'd write him some rules for the minis he had released and he'd do some concept art for me for a game I was working on (and still am it's called Age of Bronze and may one day see the light  lol).

The game was more of a collection of random scenarios, like giants playing Halfling football. At the time Alex had no plans for KS, at least that I knew. I think things changed as the game grew, and after the success of the KS he wanted to overhaul the rules and ultimately decided to take them into a different direction. This inevitably led to delays. I imagine this shouldn't be a problem now as this is a 2nd edition, presumably of the same ruleset as was published.

Yeah, so I think last time the delays were down to a change of plans for the game, which is understandable as the campaign grew way beyond expectation. He was like 18 or 19 at the time and so not long since started Uni; I think he's done a cracking job of the game and minis so good luck to him  8)
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new