Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:16:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Foundry's new shipping prices...  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Foundry's new shipping prices...
« on: October 05, 2019, 12:13:55 AM »
From the October 4 newsletter:
Shipping Cost Changes

Good news! We have made the move to a faster and more reliable delivery service, which includes fully trackable orders for our overseas customers. We hope this change will make the ordering process more enjoyable and ensure that your models reach you as quickly as possible.

Because of this change, our postage prices are increasing to reflect how much faster our packages of weighty metal models will reach you. For most of our overseas customers, you will have the added assurance of knowing where your parcel is and when it will arrive by checking it’s progress through our tracked service.

Thanks for your support and understanding – The Wargames Foundry team

From the website:
Our postage rates (in GBP) are £5 to the UK, £10 to most of Europe, £12 to North America and Australasia, or free with orders over £100. A £12 flat rate charge applies to all other countries.

:o :o :o

What was that whining about US shipping malarkey? With Paypal's inflated exchange rate, it's around £1=$1.27 instead  of £1=$1.23, so over $15, almost as much as ordering from the mainland. There's no guarantee the tracking will work as intended once the package leaves a certain area. 

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Foundry's new shipping prices...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 02:51:28 AM »
Don’t buy from them?

And this possibly should be in commercial.

Cheero
Guy
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:53:11 AM by Blackwolf »
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 04:05:53 AM »
Doesn't seem too bad to me.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:18:13 AM »
Not unreasonable. Heavy parcels would cost much more than that by Royal Mail tracked services.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 09:02:30 AM »
I think that’s pretty good really, you can track your package too, don’t know what your moaning about really!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:15:09 AM »
Seems very reasonable.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 09:26:39 AM »
Seems ok, I've just paid £14 postage for 12 miniatures from the US

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »
My issue with it is it’s not geared for small orders. I like Foundry paints. I recently just needed one triad colour set from them for £8 but had to pay £4 postage. Now it will be £5. Okay they would say they want to encourage you to buy more but that’s all I wanted.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 10:03:08 AM »
I think that’s pretty good really, you can track your package too, don’t know what your moaning about really!

::) ::) ::)

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=119487.0

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=118622.msg1487037#msg1487037

Tracking on international shipping is iffy, unless it's at an higher tier, like registered mail. Highly likely the switch is a response to the cock up in the last sale! It's just an excuse for a lack of communication on their part! No mention of the delivery service's name, so does the price include customs fees, like eBay's rip-off GSP - Pitney Bowes pocketing the difference? If this is the case, US customers are not charged fees for books and toy soldiers!   

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 10:14:06 AM »
You could ask them  :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 10:16:43 AM »
My issue with it is it’s not geared for small orders. I like Foundry paints. I recently just needed one triad colour set from them for £8 but had to pay £4 postage. Now it will be £5. Okay they would say they want to encourage you to buy more but that’s all I wanted.
QFT...

This rate hike means I'll be ordering one less blister or paint triad per order...

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
You could ask them  :)
lol

Anyone know of a good Astrotelepath? They don't respond to emails and my last phone call ended up being ~$5/minute!

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 10:31:32 AM »
In here, even taking a quick look to the general direction of any registered shipping provided would probably cost me more than £12. lol

:-I

:'(

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 10:55:48 AM »
Never had any problems tracking goods from the US to the UK, and the other way too, and Europe also, the postage seem pretty fair really!

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 01:49:39 PM »
Seems to be in line with the majority of other companies which have a minimum £5 shipping rate for UK and more for abroad.

I have had to break a parcel down into two to send to the US before now due to shipping there being expensive and the difference of few grams can be quite hefty.

Also, odd logic that it will mean you spend less on an order... I do the opposite, wait a bit longer, make the shipping worth it, put a bit more into the order. Mind you, if you know anyone else near you, you could always ask them if they want to go in on an order and split shipping costs.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't include customs fees in a shipping cost as that tends to occur at the point of import and is set by the receiving customs... Strange to suggest it could be included. It might be wise to look into VAT exemptions and suggest that this is put on the declaration form.

Pretty sure that in most instances books are exempt for example.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus