Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Napoleonic Rules: Bataille Empire  (Read 2331 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
New Napoleonic Rules: Bataille Empire
« on: October 08, 2019, 08:52:09 PM »
Who's interested in this? It's the new Napoleonic rules from the author of the super popular Ancients rules L'Art De La Guerre.

Called Bataille Empire, it's been translated from French to English, and we'll be the exclusive importers into the UK.

The authors have this to say about it:
Bataille Empire is a miniature game rules that covers the period of the Revolution and the Napoleonic Empire, between 1792 and 1815. The game scale is at battalion or regimental level. You can play with any scales of figurines from 6 mm to 28 mm. The rules are compatible with all basing system and it is possible to play with different basing per player.
The game rules are designed to be fast to play without sacrificing realism. It covers all the main aspects of Napoleonic wars: formations, skirmishers, morale, distinction between fire and shock, national characteristics, command, orders...
This book contains all the rules you need to play. Many pictures and explanatory diagrams enhance the reading. You will find in this book the characteristics of all the nations involved in Napoleonic wars as well as 134 army lists classified by period. This book is complete and requires no other supplement.
Bataille Empire is intended to play historical scenarios (four examples are provided in the book) as well as fictional battles with armies built from a budget.

http://www.bataille-empire.fr/?fbclid=IwAR0XwJvmqpQLt26OhcQ5-jInCcfhelTdmn8QMjcdV9YLZOuHGhZ-tF0ndvI

We'll be taking pre-orders at North Star soon for delivery early November.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Napoleonic Rules: Bataille Empire
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 10:53:26 PM »
You had me at hello  ;)
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »
I have the same problem - damn these rule writers and their slick salesmanship... :-[

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »
I would like to see a review by someone who has played the game, preferably with an AAR or two.

It is good to know that only one volume is needed and the designer has a previous set of rules under his belt.
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »
I would like to see a review by someone who has played the game, preferably with an AAR or two.

It is good to know that only one volume is needed and the designer has a previous set of rules under his belt.

Several videos on you tube, all in French:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9CuQ-NRXjw
I only had time to watch a bit of one, it looks like DBx-style basing! 3 infantry figures on what looks like 50 x 20 : small unit 3 bases, medium unit 4 bases, large unit 6 bases.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »
We've got it up for pre-order now.

I'm not sure how popular it's going to be, if it's anything like L'Art De La Guerre, very popular. I'd recommend ordering early to guarantee your copy from this first print run, before the shops start grabbing them.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=14215

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
I am a bit interested, but I am not sure they will fit my particular requirements.  I have done things the wrong way round, I have decided how I want my battalions to look and how they will be based and now need to find some rules that fit !

Offline ColCampbell

• Assistant
    • Col Campbell's Barracks
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »
But if one can believe the author ...

"The game scale is at battalion or regimental level. You can play with any scales of figurines from 6 mm to 28 mm. The rules are compatible with all basing system and it is possible to play with different basing per player."

then any basing will fit.

But reviews by someone who has played the rules with a battle AAR or two would also be beneficial.

Jim

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 08:30:47 PM »
I'd be interested, tho I've been very happy with GdA, as I like TFL's general focus on friction and command mechanics. 

Like Jim, I'd like to get a sense of the mechanics and game flow myself to get a sense of what sets it apart.