Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:41:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689741
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

Ok, so which Regiment to go with. Please let me know which colour facing you prefer. I served in the 5th Battalion the Queens Regiment and so can claim lineage to both

The Queens Royal Regt
14 (46.7%)
The Buffs
16 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: October 21, 2019, 09:09:15 PM

Author Topic: British Line Regiment 1759  (Read 1848 times)

Offline PeteW

• Scientist
  • Comfortably Numb
    • Pete Wenman Aviation Art
Re: British Line Regiment 1759
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 05:52:55 PM »
Cheers for all the comments Gents

I've had a number of queries regarding the 35th's casualty, and where he was purchased from. This figure is a simple rework of the Galloping Major figure that is using his ramrod.
I filed the front of the figure down to get a flatish surface for him to lie on, and removed the rest of the musket. Chopped off the left arm and right hand and replaced them with green stuff. Splayed his feet a bit and bent his head down with pliers - et volia !

Plus a scratch built musket of course.

I'll look forward to seeing the finished regiment.  That will be sometime around mid-2022 or so, right?   lol

Not sure I can promise things that soon  ;D ;D

Beautiful painting on those GM figures.  I seem to remember reading ,in the dim and distant , that the 35th were originally called the Belfast Regiment and were connected with the Prince of Orange hence the facings . Your Queens Regiment facings are showing a greenish blue on my screen which is odd . Anyhow your figures are superb, I would have voted for the 3rd Buffs , btw.  :)

Yep for the period the Queens Regt facing is described as Sea Green - Pantone colour 100C0M50Y40K and yes the Regt was originally the Earl of Donegals Regt, aka The Belfast Regt (1701)

I may still do some additional figures as the Buff , as being an East Kent based ex Queensman the connection is very strong.