Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Glasgow Scale Model Show Sat 19 Oct  (Read 735 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Glasgow Scale Model Show Sat 19 Oct
« on: October 12, 2019, 03:43:18 PM »
It's not one I've been to before, and there's not a huge amount of information available, but the Glasgow Scale Model Show is on next Saturday (19th Oct).

It's at the Bellahouston Leisure Centre, the same place as the Glasgow Games Gathering in July.

Some vague details here

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Glasgow Scale Model Show Sat 19 Oct
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 03:27:03 PM »
I wasn't even aware that this existing till the owner of Wildcat models mentioned it to me. Which is a bit odd as I've lived in Glasgow all my life...

Perhaps as wargamers move in different circles. I'll be attending, as there'll hopefully be more opportunities to pick up suitable bits for making terrain than the wargaming shows. And I suppose to compare against the G3 show earlier in the year. :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Glasgow Scale Model Show Sat 19 Oct
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 05:36:39 PM »
I attended earlier. The G3 definately made better use of the space. Of course wargaming shows have a different focus, however much of the floor at this show was dedicated to competition models - and the tables they were on weren't exactly packed.

As for traders; most felt like local stores which had brought their stock along rather than companies - making finding more niche products a bit difficult, and more of the experience you have going into any model shop.

I had hoped to find some sellers with terrain, but I don't recall seeing any outside of the odd box of Tamiya 1/48th brick walls. Whilst I did pick up some items which likely won't ever turn up at a wargaming show, it definately had a different pace than any of those I've attended. ...But if you were into discounted model ships and planes then there was probably loads there for you.