Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Agis painted HATE (and AoS) minis - Grashrak’s Despoilers  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Agis painted HATE (and AoS) minis - Grashrak’s Despoilers
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »
Agis painted HATE minis

Based on the "Chronicles of HATE" graphic novel by acclaimed artist Adrian Smith, HATE is a board game of brutal combat and conquest in a desolate world of savage warriors. Created by the same design team who brought you the Zombicide series, under the supervision of Eric Lang, HATE combines the gruesome artwork of Adrian Smith with exquisitely sculpted miniatures to immerse you in a universe of cruel survival by any means.”

I really like the very unique comic so I had to support the KS. Having to many other projects I just started now to paint some minis. Above is the main “hero” Worm and a Sarassa warrior plus some trees of the KS.

Worm
In HATEs background, Mother Earth is defiled and is bound beneath the ground; humanity falls from any grace it may have had. Men enslave other men, and a brutal Tyrant rules over many. Mother Earth's spirit engages Worm, the protagonist, who is tasked to free her or bring back her power somehow. The comic follows Worm, a creature “bred for meat,” who stops at nothing to free the Earth Mother by gaining help from unlikely allies and sorcery.

The Tribe of Sarassa
"Not all that grew still lived. The spreading rot bore many abominations, among them the Garric, those parodies of life. They consumed, grew, and survived, yet did not die, save by the blade or fire. They alone captured their stock still living and drank their souls. Insatiable. Mindless. Horrific. Undying horrors in a dying world.
This cursed tribe are not really alive, so bringing them down is nigh impossible. By branch and root, the members of the Tribe of Sarrassa utilize the little of nature that still resists in the Wastes to surprise their opponents with terrible surprise attacks. While undead, the Garrics are a doomed people, so their opponent's best hope is to just outlast them in the battlefield."

More pics - > http://www.adpublishing.de/html/hate.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 04:41:31 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Agis painted HATE minis
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »
Great to see someone is taking these minis on nicely  :)

I would love to see some more  ;)

cheers Thomas

P.S.  I had to pledge as well, but my box is still waiting for some paint  ::)
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
Superb Sir, I have almost finished  mine.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 04:52:22 PM »
Thanks folks!
Superb Sir, I have almost finished  mine.
Please make sure to show them!  ;)

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 06:04:09 PM »
Fantastic painting as always. Thanks for sharing.
I'm surprised you started with Wurm rather than some of the big guys! (I just started in on one of mine yesterday)
The Sarrassa guy is very well executed, but I feel the model came out too bright and green. He almost looks like a good guy forest spirit type guy. Again, the execution is great and better than I can do, but the end result feels a little off stylistically. I feel he could benefit from some more dark browns and grays, but that may just be me projecting how I hope to paint mine.
Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see more!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
The Sarrassa guy is very well executed, but I feel the model came out too bright and green. He almost looks like a good guy forest spirit type guy. Again, the execution is great and better than I can do, but the end result feels a little off stylistically.
Perfect, goal reached, I am planning to use the Sarassa plant zombie also in a Sylvaneth army as an evil tree spirit, so your observation is spot on and makes me very happy.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 09:57:16 PM »
Perfect, goal reached, I am planning to use the Sarassa plant zombie also in a Sylvaneth army as an evil tree spirit, so your observation is spot on and makes me very happy.

Well that is too funny! He indeed looks like he could fit right into a Sylvaneth army. I'm looking forward to seeing more. I forgot to mention that the trees also turned out great.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Agis painted HATE (and AoS) minis
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »

I planned right from the start to also include the HATE minis in other projects.
Eventually some HATE minis will join forces with Warhammer. IMO the Sarassa would work fine as Spite revenants in a Sylvaneth army. To give you an idea see the pic above.

more ->  http://www.adpublishing.de/html/hate.html

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 10:37:36 AM »
And the first two Beastgrave minis:

After hearing a lot of good things about Warhammer Underworlds I decided to give Beastgrave a try.
1st game is still open, but the minis ARE good.
;)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 10:30:53 AM by Agis »

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 11:21:54 AM »
Where are the tree trunks from?  :D
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »
Where are the tree trunks from?  :D
As mentioned above, from the HATE KS.

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »
Really lovely work here, I got the Sarassa warband to blend in somehow with my Forest kin types, I don't really play games so it's all about the collecting and the ideas in my head rather than any need to fit with any game system lol.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »

The above mini is from the Dreadfane box - Brodus Blightbane. After listening to some of the AoS Gotrek novels I decided that I finally want to paint a Stormcast Eternal.
I am still not totally at ease with the mini design, the shoulder pads remind me too much of 80s Warzone minis.

Anyway, I chose a darker look to also use him as a stand-in for Trachos the companion of Gortrek.
Inspired by the great work here: Blasphemia's Dark Age of Sigmar (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=116425.0)

more -> http://www.adpublishing.de/html/fantasy__oriental_.html

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 06:14:22 PM »
Great work as usual mate. Not only are you technically proficient but your color palette really suits my personal taste. In fact, you have a way of getting me to like figures that I originally did not like the sculpt of.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 06:51:11 PM »
Great work as usual mate. Not only are you technically proficient but your color palette really suits my personal taste. In fact, you have a way of getting me to like figures that I originally did not like the sculpt of.

Thanks, and that is exactly what happened to me when watching Blasphemia's Dark Age of Sigmar thtead!