Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: HATE Completed and Mother Prophecy  (Read 798 times)

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
HATE Completed and Mother Prophecy
« on: October 17, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »

I finished off my HATE KS and the Mother Prophecy Box set, very enjoyable to paint and Iam happy with the end results. more pics as always on my blog http://shadowking-shadowkings.blogspot.com/2019/10/hate-completed-and-mother-prophecy.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: HATE Completed and Mother Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 02:54:05 PM »
I like your painting style, they look great.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »
Fantastic as always!  :-*

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 04:10:00 PM »
Tremendous job to get so much painted! It is great to see them in large groups like that! I've enjoyed following your progress.

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 05:32:31 PM »
Is that just great lighting, or is that some sort of chrome paint on the big beast?
It all looks great, but the metals just keep catching my attention.
- Scott

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »
Is that just great lighting, or is that some sort of chrome paint on the big beast?
It all looks great, but the metals just keep catching my attention.

The metals are leadbelcher GW, or  Iron Warriors GW/ Null oil wash, then Vallejo liquid silver. some i rewashed light with Null oil. thank you for the kind words all coments

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 01:15:18 AM »
Now that you've painted them all, how bout telling us what was your favorite big guy and what was your favorite regular guy to paint? Were there any that were less or more enjoyable than you thought they would be?

It is always interesting to me how the act of painting changes my perceptions of miniatures. I'm curious what your take is.

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
Now that you've painted them all, how bout telling us what was your favorite big guy and what was your favorite regular guy to paint? Were there any that were less or more enjoyable than you thought they would be?

It is always interesting to me how the act of painting changes my perceptions of miniatures. I'm curious what your take is.

Good questions the Favorite big guy for me is the Tyrant, when i first  looked at the promo he stood out and  to me is an amazing miniature, all the princes  were a joy to paint .

Regular miniature  probably the sorceress off the first tribe  I painted, the  one in the middle , though a lot were  to me great miniatures. a lot of the champions and Sorcerers were  a joy to paint

When i got the  box it was actually daunting sight even for me to paint, I waited a bit till I felt i could  do the whole set, once i started to me it was my WIP method with a lot of going back to   spot things, the Blood effect I enjoyed and to me sets them apart. Thank you for the  questions