Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Trial Game Played for the "Return to Little Whiskey"  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Trial Game Played for the "Return to Little Whiskey"
« on: October 17, 2019, 05:24:42 PM »
It's well over a year since I produced anything for my western town of Little Whiskey, but in a couple of weeks I'm aiming to have a couple of old mates make the journey north for a few days and my contribution to the proceeding apart from food and a lot of alcohol will be a Western game.
Mean looking hombres have been riding into town in 2's and 3's and the town is bursting at the seams. Well it's only a small town. In addition there have been a couple of waggons headed towards New Mexico, they are still in the grasslands to the east of Little Whiskey but if they push hard they might make it in time.

For relatively little effort these are the first 2 waggons and a buckboard, they are being followed by a Snake Oil Salesman, he's just deciding what logo he will paint onto the side of his waggon, and will be along directly.

Pa and Ma Pendleton. Pushing the horses as fast as they dare.

Young Ginny Pendleton, pulling the horse as fast as she can walk.

Sweet Sticky Fingers The Bank Manager or Mr Ebenezer Douglas as he prefers to be called has bought a new Buckboard and Jimmy is the delivery driver. He doesn't care when he gets there, it's a timed contract so the longer the better.

This was a gift from Mr Mason a long time ago and I'm ashamed to admit I've only just got round to painting it and not to his high standards either.

There are a few small additions to the town, Blonde Edna's Soup Kitchen, where they serve the broth from the Brothel has had a Bath House built as well as a small crib for the extensive services her girls provide.

However the peace of the small town may be shattered soon because Whiskey Jack has decided the profits from the whiskey trade in his saloon can be augmented by one or two Good Time Girls of his own and he is trying to entice some of the girls from Blonde Edna's over to his new place, it used to be his Bath House but he thinks there's more money to be made by re-purposing the building (shed) and serving his own brand of broth, laced with whiskey.

There could be trouble over this.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:41:10 PM by Vagabond »

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Waggons Headed for Little Whiskey
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 06:31:57 PM »
Mighty fine looking wagons.

Looking forward to reading about the trouble brewing  :)

RMZ

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:06:16 PM »
Nice work, who’s horses are you using there?

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 07:20:45 PM »
It's well over a year since I produced anything for my western town of Little Whiskey, but in a couple of weeks I'm aiming to have a couple of old mates make the journey north for a few days and my contribution to the proceeding apart from food and a lot of alcohol will be a Western game.

Looking forward to it, Old Bean but remember - no cucumber.....

Nice looking additions there - the snake oil salesman has great potential....I love all those vehicles :D

Great work as always....

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »
Looking forward to it, Old Bean but remember - no cucumber.....

...and no Lentil Dahl either!

Your wagons look superb, really looking forward to seeing them in the flesh, so to speak.   :)

Keep 'em comin', pard!

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »
Cheers guys.

Digits sorry I bought a bag of 8 horses at the York bring and buy, never thought to ask who made them.

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 09:34:42 AM »
They look wonderful mate, there will be a hot time in the old town tonight, or at least in a few weeks time there will :)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 06:49:32 AM »
Haven't a clue but the horses remind me of Dixon horses - maybe???

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 04:37:08 PM »
Nice work, who’s horses are you using there?

They look like Warbases horses to me.

https://warbases.co.uk/product-category/figurines/animals/

There are quite a few to choose from on the site.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »
Sorry - on reflection the last picture is probably Warbases, I think thats where I bought the waggons,  the othets are the bring and buy, so I don't know.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 08:11:33 PM »
No worries, they look good though.

I will check out war bases just in case....thanks all.

Come on then, where is this quack wagon referenced above then?

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
Re: Waggons Arrived in Little Whiskey
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »
The quack waggon has been delayed but in the mean time Ma and Pa have arrived somewhere.

Pa and Ma have made it through the Bad Lands and the even worse lands to arrive in a hot and dusty hell called Little Whiskey – New Mexico.

Ma says to Pa “Well I’ve seen worse places than this – they even have a bank, it can’t be all bad if there’s a bank”. Pa just looks sour, he doesn’t mention the crash and how the Government used his money to support the Bankers. At least they have the Law here he thought, there’s some hope at least. Humm, next to the bank, maybe nothing has changed.

They carried on down, what was politely termed Main Street in this one horse town.
Well to be accurate it’s about a 24 horse town now but whose counting apart from me.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
Great looking spot for a shootin’!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 07:37:03 PM »
It looks quite splendid; lovely details, great figures, engaging back stories. Well done. Being a curmudgeon doesn’t affect your ability to turn out a spiffing table😀.

I’m just a teeny bit worried about the town's name, bearing in mind forthcoming events. Could it be changed to Much Whiskey? Or Big Whiskey? Whiskey Galore? Just sayin'

Doug

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »
Digits, - I'm expecting lots of shootings.

Doug - you bring the whiskey and we can change the name.