Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686650
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 789
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rise of Skywalker trailer three  (Read 3634 times)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
Re: Rise of Skywalker trailer three
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »

The only thing that I’m not sure of are the ‘horses’...

Riding what appear to be Star destroyer deck in space :P

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. I don't do cinemas anymore, so it'll be a few months of avoiding spoilers before I see it ;D

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »
Riding what appear to be Star destroyer deck in space :P

I reckon it’s in that massive ice/spaceberg  :D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 12:22:19 AM »
I'm still underwhelmed.  There is no sense of getting back to it's roots either in plot or in style.  Last Jedi and Force Awakens are poor films at best, and this seems to be more of the same.

I have little stomach for the millennial Jedi films.
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »
I thought it was a Star Destroyer on a planet, rising from the water? Still, horses aren't weird enough to ride in Star Wars  lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 09:15:59 PM »
This will be the first Star Wars I haven't seen in a theater (and will only see it afterward if someone happens to be renting it while I'm visiting).  I'm just tired of Disney's garbage.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
I'll still go see it at the cinema, my dad until he's become to unwell to go always took me/went with me to see them, now I take my ex's son (I see him as my son) and carry on the tradition. The film like the previous ones will probably be not brilliant, but certainly entertaining enough and still add some more ideas to gaming in the Star Wars setting. I'd love some of those rebel cavalry for Legion!  ;D  (plus its rare time spent with my son now he's a working 25yr old)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »
Horses in spaaace,and Posh Skywalker, what's not to love?
Aaargh! Your video  worked James,inspiration. An Albedo /Starwars mashup,finally a purpose for my old Monogram Millennium Falcon,and Bandai kits!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:46:56 PM by Blackwolf »
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »
I thought it was a Star Destroyer on a planet, rising from the water? Still, horses aren't weird enough to ride in Star Wars  lol

Nod to Game of Thrones folks.. lol

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 01:15:34 PM »
Are we sure those SDs are from a mothballed fleet?

I mean, that would make a lot of sense given Mon Mothma's insistence on demilitarization (nothing of which is explained at all in either of the two films so far in this trilogy) but I am wondering if you're saying "same as the Star Destroyers" because somebody at Lucasfilm or some novel or comic or whatever has spelled out that this is indeed what is going on.

Its a minor political footnote to explain how the republic can be sucker punched by the New Order, effectively a plot device for the badguys to actually be a threat. I suspect in the books they'd explain it.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 01:47:37 PM »
They may have ripped an idea from the now defunct Heir to the Empire stories. In them there was a lost fleet of Dreadnaughts(not Star Destroyers) that had AI to control the ships. They got lost on one of their test voyages never to be found.....until, that is, Grand Admiral Thrawn gets his hands on them.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2019, 02:13:02 PM »
The Katana fleet. It was a great idea  :D

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 06:07:36 PM »
Its a minor political footnote to explain how the republic can be sucker punched by the New Order, effectively a plot device for the badguys to actually be a threat. I suspect in the books they'd explain it.
I don't understand this at all.

It seems to me that the FO sucker punched the Republic in Episode 7 by destroying the Republic fleet and the various Republic capital worlds (apparently they had a rotating capital system) with the Starkiller Base. Of course, none of this was actually explained in the film itself but based on comics and/or novels, it seems that Mon Mothma insisted that the triumphant New Republic as well as the defeated Galactic Empire disarm in the wake of the Galactic Civil War. So the Republic fleet we saw get annihilated in The Force Awakens was effectively the Republic's entire military. And Starkiller Base also annihilated the political infrastructure of the Republic at the same time. So, effectively, the Republic ceased to exist as a state during Episode 7.

So what does anything about Episode 9 have to do with sucker punching the currently defunct Republic?

It would be nice if these damn movies actually explained anything rather than "inviting" the audience to buy a plethora of poorly conceived and executed novels and comics, among other products.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 06:24:19 PM »
Is any of the explanation necessary to enjoy lasers, starships and aliens? I don't think I'm a simpleton, but these are just movies, right? They are fun, stuff happens that makes you smile now and again, you have a few moments to say "that was cool when the thing happened..." to your wife/kids/buddies. Am I missing something?   ;)

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »
But the most important question is still ... who are Rey's parents?  I refuse to believe the one off 'they were nobody' line.