Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm archaeologists?  (Read 8968 times)

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
Re: 15mm archaeologists?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 09:53:15 PM »
I agree, those do look great! Plus the cat turned out really great!

Thanks - she was a labour of love!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »
Those look sweet!

Also, I've been a successful 15mm archaeologist too.  Found a stash of Baueda DBA armies on an expedition down to my basement not too long ago.
: 3

lol lol lol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »
I appreciate the other kind comments folks!

Cheers!

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
Those look sweet!

Also, I've been a successful 15mm archaeologist too.  Found a stash of Baueda DBA armies on an expedition down to my basement not too long ago.
: 3

LMAO,  you made my day.

I've been contemplating an expedition also, but. to the garage lately,  but am fearful that I'll need to get my affects in order before doing so as its a perilous chore I might not survive. I should probably write a will first.  (wink)

Skipper, 

No project is too small, or too large.
Skipper

"No challenge is too small.......or too large!"

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »

My intrepid archaeologists have been getting on the table for some play-testing of Palaeo Diet Pulp.

https://irregularwars.blogspot.com/2019/12/pressurised-pulp.html

Suffice to say, it hasn't all been easy going...

https://irregularwars.blogspot.com/2019/12/a-few-more-photos-of-play-testing.html

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2019, 09:08:34 PM »
Wow.  Those velociraptors are really an awesome looking pack!

Dan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 12:45:11 PM »
Wow.  Those velociraptors are really an awesome looking pack!

Thanks Dan, they are nominally 10mm from Magister Militum, although they do a great job at 15mm too!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 07:40:20 PM »
Enjoying the thread though dinosaurs don't do it for me for gaming.  My lost world in 15 mm will be cave dwellers and various mammoth mammals, as it will be.  However!  I was reading earlier today about dinosaurs having feathers - and maybe even fur - which makes one wonder if we will ever see such creatures sculpted? 

My foray was prompted by a visit to our local zoo which currently has a small herd of "life-size" animatronic dinosaurs on display.  Pretty neat.  Will return to take photos and videos before they are gone mid-February.  Unfortunately, during my visit, they were draped with holiday silliness - good for the kids but not so photogenic.

At least you've painted your 'saurs nice and colorful!  I like that.

Would like to see more Paleolithic beasts in 15 mm - and proper cave women and children in the 15 mm mix, not just the "cave babes" currently out there.

If anyone knows of ranges of Paleolithic beasties besides Khurasan, Irregular, Acheson, and MY Minis I'd love to hear about them - as long as they are either 15 mm or workable for 15 mm.  Ditto cave women and children as described just above.  Thanks!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »
Enjoying the thread though dinosaurs don't do it for me for gaming.  My lost world in 15 mm will be cave dwellers and various mammoth mammals, as it will be.  However!  I was reading earlier today about dinosaurs having feathers - and maybe even fur - which makes one wonder if we will ever see such creatures sculpted? 

My foray was prompted by a visit to our local zoo which currently has a small herd of "life-size" animatronic dinosaurs on display.  Pretty neat.  Will return to take photos and videos before they are gone mid-February.  Unfortunately, during my visit, they were draped with holiday silliness - good for the kids but not so photogenic.

At least you've painted your 'saurs nice and colorful!  I like that.

Would like to see more Paleolithic beasts in 15 mm - and proper cave women and children in the 15 mm mix, not just the "cave babes" currently out there.

If anyone knows of ranges of Paleolithic beasties besides Khurasan, Irregular, Acheson, and MY Minis I'd love to hear about them - as long as they are either 15 mm or workable for 15 mm.  Ditto cave women and children as described just above.  Thanks!

Thanks. My raptors are actually feathered - although the big dinos are not.

The Pulp expansion will work with the existing rules for mammals etc. As well as the primitive hominids and outfolk hunters already published, this expansion will also have witch doctors of that sort of thing tickles your fancy. I'm waiting on Eureka Amazonian indians to use as the base of my lost tribes.

Have you looked at the 10mm Magister Militum prehistoric beasts? Not sure how big they are, but their 10mm dinos are pretty spot on for 15mm.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2020, 03:35:30 AM »
Nic, can I send you a bill for part of the money I'm likely to spend at Magister Militum?  I was supposed to be done buying figures - before I followed up looking at their stuff.  Certainly the best range of miniature dinosaurs out there that I've ever heard of and by quite a substantial margin.  And more ice age creatures than I've seen - though a bit smaller but I'll see if they are workable.  Do you have any of the ice age figures for photo comparison to 15 mm figures?

Well, I do have one order to get into Crom's Anvil for some pulpish usage - but it will be too small to count as a 'real' order.  And then I forgot about an Acheson order likely.  And maybe a specialized order via Khurasan.

So, what percentage are you going to cover since you bear substantial responsibility!?    lol

Or, thanks for the heads up!  tbh: I prefer the percentage coverage.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 05:22:26 AM by FifteensAway »

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2020, 06:05:20 PM »
So, what percentage are you going to cover since you bear substantial responsibility!?    lol

Or, thanks for the heads up!  tbh: I prefer the percentage coverage.  ;)

:D Glad to be of service  :D

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2020, 04:00:24 AM »

How about a flock/pack of terror birds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcduEj8lxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3yUlJtCkJg

Dan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 06:47:12 AM by Cacique Caribe »

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »
How about a flock/pack of terror birds?

Dan, loads of choices depending on how big a terror-bird you want to include, from Raptors at the smaller end, up to larger Pack Predators. Or if you really want them to be terrifying, Apex Predators.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2020, 09:30:06 PM »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2020, 02:33:09 AM »
Nice to see this thread continuing.  (Dan - Not sure about the Terror Birds option.  I do have a few dozen ostriches plus some flamingos but they, generally, aren't too terrible.)

Nic, are you aware of the native American ranges available from Khurasan in their historical ranges?  While visiting Khurasan, check out their West Sudanese - there is a great pack of porters that might be fun for you.