Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Tilean Campaign  (Read 113954 times)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
Re: Pictures from my Tilean Campaign
« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2021, 09:13:24 PM »
Looking forward to this!

Offline Luigi

• Scientist
« Reply #451 on: February 06, 2021, 05:55:20 AM »
I have to say; I always feel like a kid when reading entries from your story.
It's just such a fantastic display of creativity, ingenuity and skills. I can't get enough of the story, the pictures, the battles, the miniatures and just of the whole world you've created.
Keep it up!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #452 on: February 06, 2021, 07:11:01 PM »
Thank you Galloping Major, Swiftnick and Luigi!

Galloping Major, a friend of mine, gave me an idea a couple of days ago and I have dived in: to make youtube videos

It could  be a sideline project to my ongoing campaign. I thought I would do a test run and produce the first installment. It is a bit over 10 minutes long. I was not fond of the original pictures, so I redid them, but this should not be something I have to do that often, especially as my later installments have hidden bases. Now that I have begun to master (if you can call it that) the basics of the audio-editor and video-editor, I should be able to create each installment quite quickly, and so it won't eat too much into my available hobby time!

Basically, I am trying to be a bit more 'modern' in my approach.

The thing is, as the person who made it, listening in agony to my own voice, I have no idea if this works, and so I do not know whether it is worth pursuing further. I want to get at least to a battle report, to see how they work in this format as I have high hopes for them. Then I will make a proper decision. In the meantime, if any of you can spare 11 minutes, I would very much appreciate if you could tell me whether you think anyone would actually want to listen to this sort of thing!

Oh, and I suppose this will test whether the link works for others too!

Part one is here ...

My Tilean Campaign can be found at https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #453 on: February 07, 2021, 04:31:19 AM »
I think your video compliments the rest of your project nicely and is a natural step in its evolution. You have a great voice for narration.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #454 on: February 07, 2021, 08:25:32 AM »
Great work!

Offline Luigi

• Scientist
« Reply #455 on: February 07, 2021, 08:34:28 AM »
I like the video idea.

This will also give me more "background material" to listen to while painting.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #456 on: February 07, 2021, 07:23:26 PM »
I like the video, although videos are not really my thing, apart from "how-to" videos. As for news, I find that I can extract more information more quickly by reading text instead.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #457 on: February 07, 2021, 07:40:56 PM »
I like the video, although videos are not really my thing, apart from "how-to" videos. As for news, I find that I can extract more information more quickly by reading text instead.

I have promised my players that making the video record will not get in the way of continuing the campaign and writing new stories. It has these last few days, admittedly, but that was because I was struggling to learn how to do it, from scratch!

Soon I will start a proper YouTube channel for the videos and then begin putting the stories up. I have just 'laid down' the audio for the next two installments - I joined them together to make a 24 minute piece!

I will redo the pictures again as they look quite simple, but I won't redo the battle report pictures when I get to them as that would be too hard, for there are so many, and sometimes other people's figures were on the tabletop anyway! The bat reps are meant to show genuine table top play (usually).

Offline barney_leadhead

• Assistant
« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2021, 10:28:03 AM »
Like the entire thread, I enjoyed the video very much.

It made me think of the tv programmes from my younger days where good story telling and decent visuals supported each other to enhance the whole experience rather than poor stories relying on cgi which is often the case nowadays.

Can't wait to tune in for further episodes  :)
Best Regards
Christopher

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #459 on: February 08, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »
Thanks Mr Leadhead. I will put a link here as soon as the real YouTube channel, with publicly listed videos, is up. I am working on a 28 minute one right now. Audio done, pics edited or re-done entirely, so all I need to do is put the two together!

After this one is the first actual 'storyfied' bat rep, which should be easier as there are no character voices for me to do and the pics are what they are!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #460 on: February 08, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »
I have now created a public channel YouTube version of ‘Big Small Worlds’ and uploaded that first story.

barney_leadhead please subscribe to the actual channel as that's where the videos will go.

Some of you may have seen my first ‘test’ version linked earlier. This final cut has had a couple of simple tweaks at the very start (a better title page) and end (a legal disclaimer).

I am already half-way through putting together the next one!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:39:27 PM by Padrissimus »

Offline Neunfinger

• Scientist
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2021, 09:47:00 PM »
I listened to the video yesterday and really like it. It's a bit like an audiobook improved by nice, fitting pictures. I was a bit sceptical at first because I really like reading battle reports/figure stories or whatever one should call this format, instead of watching a video, but I think the audiobook style is a very good fit.

Offline barney_leadhead

• Assistant
« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2021, 11:20:06 PM »
barney_leadhead please subscribe to the actual channel as that's where the videos will go.
It is done  ;)

I am already half-way through putting together the next one!

I wait with antici-pation  :)

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #463 on: February 10, 2021, 12:24:32 AM »
Wonderful storytelling.  Thank you for the post.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2021, 09:52:29 AM »
My second video story is up!

The Greenskin Corsairs’ and  ‘A Weakening of the Faith’.

I put two parts (2 and 3) together, so it is 25 minutes long. I probably won’t do that often, however – I was testing to see if I could work through a longer one. The battle reports might be longer as they should be easier to do, what with the pictures fixed as they are and so I can’t be tempted into redoing them!