Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689609
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fast play skirmish rules for FIW, recommendations please?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
Re: Fast play skirmish rules for FIW, recommendations please?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
Yes, leaders can activate groups. That's in Song of Blades as well, I think (and is certainly in the Flashing Blades pirate version)

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 06:47:09 PM »
Many many thanks for your input Gents, I'm going to go with A Song of Drums to start as that seems best suited for what I have in mind.If I could pick your brains further what are the available supplements and are they relevant to FIW
Again many thanks in advance
JB

Offline zippyfusenet

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »
The main SODT rules are oriented to F&IW, no supplement is needed. The campaign books are for Beaver Wars (historically an extended Iroquois League campaign against their neighbors and western tribes c. 1660s, the campaign supplement is structured as a multi-tribal competition at warfare and hunting) and Pequot War (Puritans vs. Natives in 1630s New England) so both are earlier than the F&IW proper.
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Online mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2020, 09:15:00 PM »
Hi JB! I have had a pretty crazy school year, this time around, so am just seeing the later part of this thread. I hope you enjoyed your games of Song of Drums and Tomahawks. As a side note, the Beaver Wars supplement does include 18 scenarios that you could use for just about any period -- not just the Beaver Wars. Many could also be for tribal vs. settler or European, by simply changing the name of one side. They were meant to be relatively generic skirmish encounters typical of the Eastern Woodlands.

Feel free to comment or send a PM if you have questions. Would love to see some AARs, and I could even link them on the First Command Wargames website page.

Mike Demana