Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690721
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crafting Coastlines for Naval Games  (Read 681 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• Assistant
Crafting Coastlines for Naval Games
« on: October 28, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas for making or buying coastline terrain to run along the edge of my ocean mat?

I am gaming historical 1/3000 steam ironclads, hypothetical Victorian French vs British, Italians, Austrians, etc in the Channel or in the Med. RB

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
Re: Crafting Coastlines for Naval Games
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 06:25:22 PM »
Variations of this?

Milo.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas for making or buying coastline terrain to run along the edge of my ocean mat?

I am gaming historical 1/3000 steam ironclads, hypothetical Victorian French vs British, Italians, Austrians, etc in the Channel or in the Med. RB

Where do you get miniatures for that?

Offline RobertBruce

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »
Thanks! I know some of his videos, will check him out, he does larger scales, I think, but perhaps I can adapt the concepts to 1/3000. I like this scale because it represents distance very well for this era without requiring a huge table  -  and you can still see the ships. I don't need more than a thin strip of coastline here and there to convey the idea of the Channel, or the French coast and naval bases at Brest or Cherbourg.

My ships come from NAVWAR, their 1/3000 Warships in Transition pack is great for this period. Also Davco and War Times Journal for later pre-dreadnoughts. I love the weird, amazing looking ships and the technology that came of age during the 1850-1906 period. Rules are modified Broadside and Ram by David Manley.  RB