Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689822
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who makes a resin/mdf Medieval Church?  (Read 3103 times)

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
Re: Who makes a resin/mdf Medieval Church?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 12:32:12 PM »
Thanks Jon.

It seems I have a lot to consider- time being one component :)

It's the classic triumvirate - quality, price and time.  You can have any two but not all three.

Offline Banderium

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »
I don't know if it's english style or 15th century, but Puppetswar make a nice church in resin: link

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure I did .Now I'm going to have to go and check. lol

Titan terrain do a useful starting point church for your style of modeling.

Another useful company to look at is Scale Models DIY. 1/144 and 1/48 doll house's.
I'm quite taken with they way their kits .Great starting points (ignore the dolls house paint job).With bugger all effort needed to build them(built one with literally just a tube of super glue !)
Great instruction book even a piece of sand paper incase joints need adjusting.
Interior pic is from the smaller scale kit.
In fact she has a nice medieval hall which might interest you .
Mark

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 03:56:54 PM »
Quick screen shot pic.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 04:31:33 PM »
I don't know if it's english style or 15th century, but Puppetswar make a nice church in resin: link

It's a really nice bit of kit, well cast, great design, but after working at Durham Cathedral for a number of years I think that  the architecture is a bit 'fantasy' for me.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 12:09:35 AM »
How about 3D printing?
There was a chap at Fiasco a couple of weeks ago who had a stall full of assorted models, designed by a number of different people.
I think Ian Lovecraft might be one of the designer names that he mentioned.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 03:22:33 AM »
Banderium: "I don't know if it's english style or 15th century, but Puppetswar make a nice church in resin: link"

Atheling "It's a really nice bit of kit, well cast, great design, but after working at Durham Cathedral for a number of years I think that  the architecture is a bit 'fantasy' for me."

I thought that one might have done the trick for you... although it (especially the floor, I think) does give me a bit of a Warhammerish vibe.  But I mainly play fantasy, and I quite like it, so thanks for the link Banderium.

It has been interesting to see what everyone has been coming up.  I really enjoy these types of thread, I have to confess.

-Michael

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 07:13:59 AM »
It's the classic triumvirate - quality, price and time.  You can have any two but not all three.

Hammer on the had of the nail  lol

Banderium: "I don't know if it's english style or 15th century, but Puppetswar make a nice church in resin: link"

Atheling "It's a really nice bit of kit, well cast, great design, but after working at Durham Cathedral for a number of years I think that  the architecture is a bit 'fantasy' for me."

I thought that one might have done the trick for you... although it (especially the floor, I think) does give me a bit of a Warhammerish vibe.  But I mainly play fantasy, and I quite like it, so thanks for the link Banderium.

It has been interesting to see what everyone has been coming up.  I really enjoy these types of thread, I have to confess.

Oh, me too! If I sound a bit negative at times, it's literally just the way I can come across through the net (I'm working on it!). I'm glued to this thread as already there have been three or four companies that I had pot heard of before my enquiry.  8)

How about 3D printing?
There was a chap at Fiasco a couple of weeks ago who had a stall full of assorted models, designed by a number of different people.
I think Ian Lovecraft might be one of the designer names that he mentioned.

I wouldn't know where to start........  ??? ??? ???

As far as I'm aware, there's no specific place in the NE of the UK where I could even get something printed. I could be very wrong- hope I am! :)

Is this even a possibility in Geordieland?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 07:21:46 AM by Atheling »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 08:37:44 AM »
I don't know about your part of the world.But it might be worth a look.
In Hull the central library has a 3d printing service.
It proved to be such a pain in the Arsenal to find a decent church period.It just seemed every manufacturer including the big names , got so far and then totally ignored architectural features and opted for that'll do.
I ended up virtually scratch building on a £10 mdf blank model. Warbases was my first choice as a starting point but totally forgot to pick one up at the show .So I figured I'd try something different first then pick up the Warbases one if I messed up.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »
I don't know about your part of the world.But it might be worth a look.
In Hull the central library has a 3d printing service.
It proved to be such a pain in the Arsenal to find a decent church period.It just seemed every manufacturer including the big names , got so far and then totally ignored architectural features and opted for that'll do.
I ended up virtually scratch building on a £10 mdf blank model. Warbases was my first choice as a starting point but totally forgot to pick one up at the show .So I figured I'd try something different first then pick up the Warbases one if I messed up.

Cripes! I've just looked it up and low and behold, even Durham has a 3D printing service in our library!

Only it's not working at the moment :(