Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Solo Rules  (Read 3006 times)

Offline dogwolf

• Lurker
Solo Rules
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »
Hello everyone, Does anyone know of any rules suitable for solo games.
I have looked at the .45 adventure website and noticed they have some scenarios for solo play, are the rules suitable to play most of the scenarios solo or just a few?
Are there any other rules out there I should look at?
Failing that, is there anyone near Bradford, UK that could help a poor lonely wargamer play a few games?

Offline Cyaegha

• Assistant
Solo Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 04:56:43 PM »
I am also seeking solo play rules, and would be interested in hearing what people have to say about this.

Off topic but what do you play? Any RPG's such as Cthulhu? I was under the impression that there is a large amount of suitable players in the Bradford area of that nature.

If not, then you could probely find something in Leeds, try Travelling Man and post an add, your sure to find something there, in the wargame field.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Solo Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »
Quote from: "dogwolf"
I have looked at the .45 adventure website and noticed they have some scenarios for solo play, are the rules suitable to play most of the scenarios solo or just a few?

Because of the use of Encounter Markers, it is easy to design a scenario that is solo play. If you have not already, download the scenarios and demo rules from the website and give it a test drive. I think you'll see that it's easy to set up solo games until you can convince all the local players of the wonders of pulp gaming.

Any specific questions about the rules and how to use them for solo play, post here or on the HLSS Yahoo Group or send me an e-mail. I'm happy to help.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline mahon

• Bookworm
    • Chest Of Colors: All About Miniature Painting
Solo Rules
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 06:47:23 PM »
.45 Adventures can be easily used for solo gaming with its rules for Encounters and Guarding Duty. and it has really pulp atmosphere!

you should also check Two Hour Wargames (for example Chain Reaction 2) because it has excellent mechanics for handling the opponents in solo or cooperative games. Generally it uses tables to determine the way minis will act, which gives quite good unpredictability to games.
Mahon
Chest of Colors: All About Miniature Painting