Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690494
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I miss the Human armies in Warhammer-any alternatives?  (Read 7387 times)

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
Re: I miss the Human armies in Warhammer-any alternatives?
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 03:57:06 PM »
It's a manageable number, especially since there are 10 mm and epic miniatures in that mix.

Yes the archers are great, and the command models are nice too. I have the bertrand the brigand characters for one of my units as well. Lots of character in those!

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2019, 01:28:47 PM »
That's our very own Knight-Captain Tyr's fine work:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108013.0

I'm glad to see it compiled on another website for easier referencing!
I may well be the last person on here to have discovered this site

https://mjolnirvii.wixsite.com/blackorder

If you have not been I urge you to take a look. I was up early (a Saturday!) just so that I could drift around this lovely site...

You guys know how to make a man blush! Cheers. I must say most of that is the 'old' Black Order, i.e. still recognisably Teutonic in appearance/rather closer to a darker Bretonnian vibe, before it went much more Northern in its modern incarnation.

Just wondering if Ulverston saw these, as they're very Empire-esque in tone: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84134537/momminiaturas-mercenaries
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2019, 02:08:39 PM »
I'm 34 by the way, ans started wargaming with 5th ed warhammer. You know, the starter set with the bretonnians!
32 for me - and yes, 5th Ed Warhammer... Although it was the plastic multi-part empire Halberdiers/swordsmen(/crossbowmen/handgunners with metal arms) and Mordhiem that really made me take to fantasy humans :)
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »
Oh no... I am starting to feel like an old man on here! I looked at the kickstarter and think I found his website...

https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniaturas-fantasia/

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »
Yep you did lol

I order a couple of test pieces over a year ago .Which merrily disappeared in the Hands of my local Sorting office.
Got one of those lovely red cards popped along to collect only to be asked what my parcel looked like and was I sure they had it?

I've not bothered again since their postage is pretty steep compaired to Greenstuff World (both in Spain and since I've not moved in twenty years posted to the same address.)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2019, 07:08:00 AM »
That's so frustrating when Royal Mail mess up.... Greenstuff world are excellent in fact I have spent an hour last night with their leaf cutter-I know have a pile of 28mm leaves. I am easily pleased it was very relaxing.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2019, 07:47:36 PM »
Well I started to gather my forces for an Imperial Warhammer Army. Two boxes of Perry late Medievals, a box of Landsknechts from Warlord and then a sprue of Wizards from NorthStar.

Three days later... Games Workshop reveal that they are bringing back the old world!!! I am not even cross but now I am left with two boxes of Perry figures (I have sent the Landsknechts to my son)…

Now just to wait a mere two years before starting out in Warhammer only this time I may actually be able to afford it!

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »
Oh man, ween yourself off that ****.

You're going to wait two years  :o. I've completed, played and got bored of projects over a 2 years period.

Get those Landsknechts back and start that Empire project. Whatever you produce will be more unique, personal and fulfilling that what it is you're sitting back expecting to be spoon fed in 2 years time. For sure.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
I know what your saying Nick but this is an itch I have had for so long... I have actually started a couple of Wizards and they are on a par with anything GW ever made, infact loving all the little extras.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2019, 02:12:52 AM »
I would strongly think about what Nick said.  You could have a quite reasonable force painted before the next GW old world force arrives.  If it really ever arrives, you will only need to add the units whose sculpts you like to have a playable force.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2019, 07:52:10 AM »
You are both right of course Syrinx... I have no defence. Maybe I will try just a few figures in between assembling the Russians on my desk

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 06:18:53 PM »
I suspect that the "old world " may not be landsknecht style ?
But I'm painting a load anyway!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »
Go for it Von, despite waiting for the official GW release I find myself putting units together on round bases for AoS or Dragon Rampant. The Black Order thread though has gotten me digging out my square bases and thinking about Oathmark and Kings of war (never played). Too much choice is making my head hurt!

Offline LotB

• Scientist
    • NARAN TEAM TURIN
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2019, 08:36:15 AM »
Go for it Von, despite waiting for the official GW release I find myself putting units together on round bases for AoS or Dragon Rampant. The Black Order thread though has gotten me digging out my square bases and thinking about Oathmark and Kings of war (never played). Too much choice is making my head hurt!

The choice of being able to continue using the miniatures on square bases is: FANTASY WARRIORS - our NARAN expansion also includes the Warhammer armies: http://www.naran.i/naran/   :D

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »
Just looked through the free city people  book in a warhammer shop today, there was a figure looked landsketch with the quilted arms but with a knights helmet ?