Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686503
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Silmarillion Project UPDATE 8.3.20 Mablung's Bodyguard (Page 8)  (Read 20334 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Silmarillion Project UPDATE 06.12.19 Elf Command Base
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2019, 07:08:31 AM »
A successful conversion, very well painted vignette on your standard quality style and the banner is all the money!
Especially the last picture is very atmospheric! Congratulations for your work!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Re: Silmarillion Project UPDATE 06.12.19 Elf Command Base
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2019, 12:36:40 PM »
Your freehand painting is amazing! Especially on the banners! Thanks for sharing!

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
Re: Silmarillion Project UPDATE 12.12.19 Elf Archers
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »
I'm cracking on at a fair old pace with the Elves. Finished the first unit of archers last night.
No conversions on these as there's nothing to be done and I couldn't be bothered trying to add bowstrings!

Two more units of these to paint. Boring old job but they come out ok when finished.

I'm pleased to say that I have met my Christmas deadline of 3 units plus a command base. I now have two more archer and one more spear unit, plus a hero, to paint before March when my Davale Miniatures Bloody Elves kickstarter will arrive to further swell the army. I also need some cavalry but not quite sure where I'm gonna source those yet as the kickstarter didn't make enough money to get cavalry and I don't much like the GW Rivendell ones. The Hobbit armoured cavalry are nice but bloody expensive... Still, they can wait.

I also have more evil models to paint, so will be tackling some of those shortly too. I hope to drag the whole painted collection out over the next day or so to take some 'action shots' for your delectation...

Anyway: Archer pics...

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »
Brilliant :o
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2019, 07:30:35 PM »
Nice - again!

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
Re: Silmarillion Project UPDATE 13.12.19 Scenic Action Shots of Collection
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »
I decided to get all my Middle Earth models out for a photoshoot - some action shots with all my available light sources and a bit of scenery. I'm pleased with how these turned out. The lighting gives you a MUCH better idea of the actual colours than my recent pictures of the Elves on a white background.

The army of Angband is 70% bought off EBAY ready part-painted - I went for models that had been base coated neatly and ink-washed, perhaps with minimal dry brushing or highlights. All I've done is tidy up the highlights and repaint some of the cloth as most people seem to use a bright red that I really hate on Orcs in large numbers...

Glaurung, the troll, 12 Orcs, the Orc commander and the werewolf (weird Warhammer bits conversion) all painted from scratch by me. The rest courtesy of EBAY. More pics on my blog: https://guitarheroandy.blogspot.com/2019/12/silmarillion-action-shots.html

Offline MrHlaine

• Student
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
These action shots look lovely. I really like the general end result you achieved but those elves are stunning! Excellent color choice as well.

Online Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2019, 09:11:56 AM »
Yes, the elves really are excellent. The colours are rich without being too much, if you know what I mean.

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2019, 05:34:08 PM »
Fabulous stuff Andy.  It’s amazing how much different good light makes. I just finished another 24 orcs...aiming to have ten units by Christmas!

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2019, 05:42:42 PM »
Brilliant stuff.Both sides are distinctive with the palette choices. The elves are my favourite. :o

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2019, 10:41:21 PM »
Some lovely looking figures there

8)

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
Re: Silmarillion Project UPDATE 20.12.19 Angband Banner
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2019, 03:06:25 PM »
Working on a command base for my Silmarillion project evil army at the moment and decided I needed a banner to match that of the Elves.

I had no idea what to do with it... Black? Red? Design?

Then I had a brainwave! What would be the one thing that'd p*ss off the Elves more than anything else (especially if facing the sons of Feanor)? A banner featuring the Silmarils themselves!! So the idea was born - Morgoth's Iron Crown, with the Silmarils floating above it in all their radiance!

Clearly the Orc Chieftain who fights under this banner has many Elven slaves who have worked on this affront to their race.

The base colour is Foundry Madder Red triad with a final highlight of Foundry Bright Red Light.
The crown is Foundry Slate Grey triad, with some highlighting with Foundry Arctic Grey and fine lining with GW Corvus Black. The silmarils are the Foundry Arctic Grey triad, with outlining in GW Corvus Black.

Working on the Chieftain and his banner bearer as we speak - hope to have them done just after Christmas...

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2019, 06:33:53 PM »
That really looks the part - inspired choice

:)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »
Good job!