Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ECW Scots Uniform Question  (Read 616 times)

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
ECW Scots Uniform Question
« on: November 13, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »
I have a question for the knowledgeable crowd here.  I picked up a box of used figures at a flea market last year at the Nashcon convention.  The box had all sorts of ECW figs in it.  There are a number of really nice Scots which I am going to use as Covenanters.  I am not sure of the mfg on the figs.  They have a ribbon on the left shoulder and a small patch on the back of the left arm above the elbow, both of these on a regular looking jacket.  All of the figures have this so it isn't representing a patch repair on the uniform.  I am guessing that the ribbon is for the Colonel's colors and just worn there instead of the bonnet, but I have no idea what the patch is.  Did they ever sew a Saltire on the arm of the jacket?

Thanks for any assistance.

Allen Campbell

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: ECW Scots Uniform Question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 04:52:12 PM »
Very interesting but it's not something I'm aware of the Covenanters having. Most field signs were worn in the bonnets if at all and the sewing of the saltire is something that seems to be been pre 1600.

Do you have any pictures of the figures that might help?

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
Re: ECW Scots Uniform Question
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 05:39:10 PM »
Upon further inspection of the figures, they all have the same body but different heads, so the pose is the same.  I should have looked closer before posing the question.  This leads me to believe that it is just an elbow patch on a worn jacket.

Thanks