Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:42:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: O Group Rules Update  (Read 4168 times)

Offline DCRBrown

• Bookworm
Re: O Group Rules Update
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2020, 12:38:43 PM »
For a further update on the rules development, take look over on the GdeB site for a full AAR on a British attack during Operation Charnwood, as the rules were put under a serious stress test by the Too Fat Lardies!

As the design process of O Group WW2 rules moves to a close, I received a warning order to attend Lard Island, where O Group would be put through its historical paces by the Too Fat Lardies.

The action to be recreated was part of Operation Charnwood, as the British once more attempted to take the city of Caen, during the Normandy campaign. The engagement centred on a battalion attack carried out by the  South Staffordshires, aimed at a capturing the La Bijude and Epron corridor. These two villages were held by two companies of the 12th SS and one infantry Jager company, making up the ad hoc German defensive battalion.
The denizens of Lard Island were exacting in what they wanted to see from the rules. This was to recreate the British attack as it unfolded historically. So, an opening barrage effect, an initial attack upon La Bijude marked as phase line 1, consolidation and attack upon phase line 2, the village of Epron. (For those interested in such things, Richard laid out the terrain with the correct distances between villages, etc, to test the move rates and deployment frontages.)

See the GdeB site for the full update:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/generaldebrigadefr/operation-charnwood-aar-t6933.html

DB

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: O Group Rules Update
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2020, 08:11:26 PM »
Very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. I'm now checking my 15mm stocks to see how much I have accidentally accumulated over time.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---