Forum > Fantasy Sports

BlitzMania! (Blood Bowl & Blitz Bowl)

<< < (12/25) > >>

Mr. White:

--- Quote from: Gibby on August 24, 2022, 10:09:21 PM ---Nice work! I like the conversions. Where's the Minotaur from?

--- End quote ---

Thanks! It was simple AoS helmets on the BB team bodies.
The minotaur is this Pedro Ramos sculpt from Impact: https://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=resinbigguys_profile&id=TC_SSBM
I've always loved that sculpt. There was a bit of flash on it, but for $15 it's a great Big Guy with a lot of options. I'm not a fan of the official Bloodspawn model, so hope this makes for a suitable replacement. The minotaur model has a claw and the Bloodspawn has claws, so I figure it'll work.

Gibby:
Yeah, he works well for it. He's a good size as well - a wondered if a lot of the 3rd party Blood Bowl figures might be a bit small for the 2016 Edition + figures, but that one works perfectly.

Mr. White:
Every September, the biggest Blood Bowl tournament in North America, and probably the Western Hemisphere, takes place in Chicago, Illinois. This year is the 20th anniversary of the event and the tournament organizer has themed it around the old-school Slann team of second edition fame. So, with space frogs as the tournament theme, they’re also the Legacy Team for anyone opting to participate in the Legacy Team project.

The Legacy Team is a side project where coaches sign-up to paint one model for the team, then at the tournament all of the participating coaches have their names collected and a winner is randomly drawn from this pool. That winner takes home the team. I decided to lend my brush work to the event and ended up with a linefrog to paint, which I was able to get a model from a buddy.

The models can come from any collection, but the colors are to use the colors of the event…blue and orange. Black base ring with number in the front and painter name in the back is also required. For this linefrog I wanted him to appear like he’s been a knocked on the noggin a bit too many times on the line of scrimmage, thus the big cloudy eye with small pupil.

I’m not really sure which team ruleset one would use with a team of Slann models. Maybe humans? Amazons? Elf Union? Either way, it’ll be interesting to see all the models collected as a set into an eclectic team.

scotty:
He looks cool.

Mr. White:
Thanks! I didn't win the Legacy team and only went 2-2-2 over 6 games. I was 3-3 so an improvement? worse performance? hard to say. ha!

Anyway, some more models done:

While I was working on the Mournmountain Sabretusks ogre team for the local Blood Bowl league, I went ahead and tackled the Blitz Bowl version of the ogre team as well. However, instead of the same red, white, and blue colors, I went grey and yellow to maximize their gaming potential.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the turn and score marker coin, but I went the same verdigris look as I do for all my sideline markers. Also, I used up all my non-runt punter ogres on the Blood Bowl team, but I knew that any BzB ogre team would have one runt punter and one non. For the non-runt punter (the ogre on the right), I had a leftover ogre from the BB20 (or BB Second Season Edition) box set.

Back to those grey and yellow colors…I painted them that way to match my dwarf BzB team because combined they can be a College of Fire DungeonBowl team. The College of Fire team is currently made up of Ogres, Dwarves, and some members of the Khorne team. I’ve got plenty of players here for a complete DB team and have already played several games with them. Currently, they play under the name House Dynamo. I need to source a coach for this team next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version