Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Spoilers thread  (Read 40001 times)

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
Re: The Mandalorian - Spoilers thread
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »
It could have been Rex, although all through Rebels he sported a white beard, having Rex present would also tie into the rumours that Asoka shows up later.

IMDB claims that Temuera Morrison played Boba Fett in Mandalorian S2E1: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607325/?ref_=tt_cl_t15

I was a little dissapointed, but even a so-so episode of the Mandalorian is better than most other things out there presently :)

And yeah, it seems like Timothy Olyphant has been typecast as a "grumpy/angry Sherif", which suits him.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2020, 02:25:41 PM »
Rex!

That would actually be way cooler than Boba. He was in the Siege of Mandalore. So that could make for some great stories.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2020, 02:41:11 PM »
Rex had a white beard in Return of the Jedi as well. I am pretty sure it was Boba. As for the Sarlaac... he survived in the old expanded universe, although I forget how and Disney has invalidated the old expanded universe.

And to be fair, it was foreshadowed with the Mandalorian surviving the “dragon” swallowing him.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »
I'm neither excited nor bummed about the Boba Fett connection. Since the armor showed up, I guess it stands to reason that he would also pop up to claim it. I'll assume that, beyond the cameo, he will point Mando towards other survivors and go back to being a Dune Sea hermit. I don't think he will likely play a big role. I really can't see how that would fit. Maybe Boba would have some info about the race that Yoda (and Yaddle) belonged to? Maybe Boba will just try to kill the Child? That would put Mando in an interesting quandary. Kill a (maybe) Mandalorian to save the Child? 

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »
But Boba is not a Mandalorian. Even if he were he is disgraced as he has lost his armor.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »
Rex had a white beard in Return of the Jedi as well.

Sand and beards don't mix  ;D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2020, 02:29:42 AM »
I watched the new episode with my wife and kids and we really enjoyed it.  It was a great homage to old westerns.  I'm not sure why the Mandalorian gets Star Wars and the new trilogy did not (Solo and Rogue One got the idea right), however it did not disappoint.

Loved the sheriff, needing to form an alliance between enemies, and Fett showing up in the end (would hate for it to not be Fett, stay with the telegraphed nature of the old Westerns).

Made me think of Audie Murphy and John Wayne, and that is rarely a bad thing.
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2020, 06:34:14 AM »
I loved it. :-* So many nods to different things. Did you see the Sheriff riding one of the engines from Anakins Pod Racer?

It is amazing how quick the 3D print miniature companies came up with models for this episode! Even the Dragon!! :o :o :o

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2020, 09:36:29 PM »
I watched the first and second episodes with mixed feelings.
The first one was great with a strong western vibe and lots of interesting ideas. Some surprise on Boba Fet but lets see what John Favreau reserves to the character.

The second wasnt so great but still with some interesting parts. i wont spoil the surprise of seing it but looking forward to your comments. ;)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »
I felt a bit disappointed with the second episode.

At the end of this blog post I talk in more detail about my thoughts on the episode for those curious...

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2020/11/09/ever-onward/

... but I really did not get what the writer/director were intending to convey with The Child’s eating habit. They seemed to miss the irony of the episode given the final scene.

And I think it suffered from being to short, it felt rushed overall although the individual scenes were often ok, the plot suffered a bit for lack of consistency with the bigger story and universe.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »
I liked it  :)

A nice nod to some original canon and it was good to see Feloni again but even better that the actor got the screen time rather than him.

I do agree about the length but that goes for pretty much all the episodes. An hour each would be better as long as they weren't padded out just for the sake of it.

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »
Really enjoyed episode two, although it left me with a question regarding the Child's eating habits...

What if he's not just a cheeky little bollocks, but a baby Sith? I mean, that last scene in the cockpit was pretty cold....  :?

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »
I think that, as in the first season, some episodes are mostly pillars for the story and not stories by themselves. The second one is one of them,IMHO.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »
Really enjoyed episode two, although it left me with a question regarding the Child's eating habits...

What if he's not just a cheeky little bollocks, but a baby Sith? I mean, that last scene in the cockpit was pretty cold....  :?

lol Nah, Mando just doesn't feed him enough  :D

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2020, 10:26:33 AM »
I agree Jolly Bob. Eating the eggs of a sentient being is not just a little bit naughty and eating it covertly conveys a sense of understanding. The question is, did the writer intend it to be a cheeky joke, am expression of something darker? It did not come across as the writer was aware of or expressing the real horror of it.