Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Spoilers thread  (Read 40164 times)

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: The Mandalorian - Spoilers thread
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2020, 11:21:22 PM »
Really didn’t like that they brought Luke into it. Thought we were done with the skywalkers (apart from Obi Wan series)
There’s other Jedi running around in the outer rim, I’m sure we could have had someone one else, a bit lazy I thought (or just the bad CGI has annoyed me)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #421 on: December 18, 2020, 11:39:54 PM »
Really didn’t like that they brought Luke into it. Thought we were done with the skywalkers (apart from Obi Wan series)
There’s other Jedi running around in the outer rim, I’m sure we could have had someone one else, a bit lazy I thought (or just the bad CGI has annoyed me)

I also did not particularly like that they tied the series into the Skywalker arc so quickly. As far as I understood the series concept when it first aired was that it would be a different way to show adventures in the SW universe. Maybe with an epic story to be developed at some point but not grasping for stuff from the movies to "borrow" the epic-ness.

Maybe it is just bitterness because I really did not like the new trilogy (apart from the first quarter of the first movie) and now seeing how Grogu is part of that arc (resurrecting the Emperor, being somewhat trained by Luke) will keep reminding me how much they botched the movies, at least in my view. Even the stuff they do well will then show me how good it could have been had they actually gotten people who cared about the IP to do the movies.

For me the best episode this season was the one with Ahsoka, because it let the characters breathe, as I have said before. Seing that they then reverted back to "Questgiver-NPC-or easy to grasp their story-purpose in an instance"-Style shallow characters does not make me be excited for the stuff announced. Will probably still check out The Acolyte, since the show runner is very creative, but until then my Disney+ subscription is on hold.

I am still glad The Mandalorian exists, because it is definitely WAY more StarWars than the last movies and it has reignited the passion for the IP in many people. On top of that the music and a lot of the visuals are fantastic. I do honestly hope that many people will have much joy with the stuff offered and in development and judging by the reactions here, they will! I however will remain skeptical and probably watch the other stuff only when people I know tell me it is very, very good. Until then I will enjoy all the splendid StarWars stuff you lads and ladies show here on the forum!  :)

PS: It did not help that The Expanse Season 5 started this week and instantly grabbed me with the more "talky" approach. Very different show concept though!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2020, 03:52:33 AM »
Loved Chapter 16.
Outstanding.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2020, 04:11:01 AM »
You know, I cannot stand Bo Katan, and wish Boba had killed her dopey sidekick.  Cara Dune though, I could get behind a short series of episodes where she takes down some random bad guy as a Marshall.  Bo just comes across as a low rent bad guy, waiting to stab you in the back.  There is nothing to interest you in her character at all.  And where was Woves?  He can't show up so the girls can have an all female assault? 

Enjoyed seeing the riff on Rogue One with Luke showing up, that was pretty cool watching him annihilate Dark Troopers like Vader goes through the rebels on the corvette.  Nice homage and way to try and right the rather poor showing that was the modern trilogy with Mary Sue and her band of otherwise useless companions.

Lastly the Boba Fett and May-who-actually-kills-her-foes might be a good show as well.  Although my wife and I were laughing about how John Wayne she is (can only play one character).  The whole ROTJ throwback scene was well done, and they make a decent pair.
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2020, 06:04:14 AM »
This is what people have wanted since 1983.

Not 8 y.o. Anakin. Not Palaptine’s “granddaughter.”

My lord, how much time has been wasted on such tripe. But, finally, it is here.

Master Luke Skywalker.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2020, 07:42:57 AM »
So much hate for one little thread  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
I think hate is a strong word.  ;)

I'm excited for that Boba Fett show! As had been said, they make a great duo!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2020, 09:33:42 AM »
I am almost as happy as after Empire!

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2020, 09:51:12 AM »
I admit it. I had tears in my eyes when that green lightsabre ignited  :'(

Instantly I was taken back to 1983 and being 10 years old again. Really, really enjoyed that episode and this series has more than made up for "The Rise of Skywalker". 2021 has the potential to be a really good year for Star Wars fans.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2020, 10:06:07 AM »
I think hate is a strong word.
My lord man, let’s be honest, it isn’t nearly strong enough.

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2020, 10:31:52 AM »
I really liked it. It's bitter sweet as it's the end of a fantastic show. I would love to see more Mando adventures even if little Grogu has gone to school.

Man, I didn't get it at first when first I saw the X-Wing, but when May said: "Only one X-Wing" I was jumping in my seat while my wife was still trying to figure it out.
I understand the desire to see characters beyond those of the films, but the show became connected to the Skywalkers as soon as we saw Ashoka and it was so cool to see Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, go through the Dark Troopers. At first I thought that since he was holding the Dark Saber, Mando would have been the one going through them, slicing and dicing. Did Luke steal his thunder right before taking his kid? Poor Mando, he had a bad day :)

That final scene washed the after taste of the latest movies. This feels like the true sequel, following the events of RotJ. That show was great, that show was Star Wars.

The Book of Boba looks promising. I loved how Bib Fortuna became all fat after taking over Jabba's gang.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2020, 10:39:45 AM »
My lord man, let’s be honest, it isn’t nearly strong enough.

But it leads to the Dark Side!  lol

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2020, 10:47:12 AM »
Great ending to the season, got my interest in starwars again after the last 3 awful films

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »
Does it get any darker than Rise of Skywalker?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
Does it get any darker than Rise of Skywalker?

Certainly not. That movie made the two Ewok pictures as well as the Christmas special look like decent entertainment!  :'(