Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:49:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Battle Havoc! - new rules for fantasy battles  (Read 8729 times)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: [Commercial] Battle Havoc! - new rules for fantasy battles
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
I think the scale flexibility works best with creatures or humanoids with fairly limited equipment - the war trolls being a good example.

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
Yes, mixing scales works if done with a bit of caution. I'm planning to use some of the 15mm elephants as a monster in my 10mm armies.

Pendraken stuff is nice, I got some of their fantasy, but the dwarfs are a bit too big for my taste :D they could be a little smaller.

I'm going to play this weekend and use 10mm stuff, as a friend of mine is a massive fan of the scale (well, I like it as well ;D).

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »
So last weekend I mange to play another game in 10mm, on a pretty small table.

I lost again, but my excuse is that I had flu :D

Below a few pictures of the game.

Initial set up

Dwarfs advanced in the centre but the Undeads managed to flank them

Dwarfs try to redress their line to

The end

Well, it was another victory for the Undeads. I made a few mistakes; using a unit of Musketeers to protect the flank against heavy cavalry is not a battle-winning tactic. Also, Miners attacking elite infantry instead of performing a surprise flank attack is not the best idea. But at least this time I used 

We tested few rules modifications, mostly little tweaks in the army lists - as the Undead army needs more balancing. The overall results were good, and they will be included in the upcoming rules update, just need some further clarification.   

Next stop, Humans vs Orcs, but this time in 28mm :D

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2020, 07:36:42 AM »
Oki Doki, just to let everyone know, our facility in Scotland operates as usual, if we can say that, taking to account the whole fluidity of the situation. We still take orders and ship them as soon as we can.

We do monitor the whole situation and fallow all authorities regulations and recommendations as the safety of our staff and customer is most important for us.

So, do you have enough minis to paint? It is a bit rhetorical question as we all know there is no such thing like “enough minis”. Go and check our website and see if you
need anything!

https://www.seb-games.com/store/

Cheers,
Sebastian
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:54:34 AM by Seb »

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »
Some great news folks!

I’m happy to announce that Seb Games is just launching a new brand of miniatures – Metal Warrior Miniatures.

Our first line will be a 10mm miniatures for Battle Havoc! Say hello to Rattifolk and Lizardfolk :D

The good news is that we are already working on moulds for the first sets of 10mm miniatures. The bad is that, unfortunately, due to the CVOID-19 situation, it can be challenging to give you a solid date. However, we aim to deliver first packs this summer, maybe a bit earlier if things will go very well.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2020, 05:26:49 PM »
Always really good to see more 10mm figures!

Will be good to see some more pictures - the mix of green stuff and cast model makes it really quite hard to make out some of the details  - camouflage in action!

The fails on the rats might be interesting to cast!

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »
Yes, sorry for the quality of the pictures, I will take new ones as soon as I got the first batch of master casting - hopefully it will be in next week or two. 

So far, there was no problem with moulding any of miniatures, so I'm sure the fails will be ok... well I hope so, as is one of my favourite designs :D

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 05:23:13 PM »
Oooh, nice sculpts; like the ratmen especially - bigger monsters to come if these take off?

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 07:48:33 AM »
There are two big beasts already for Lizards :)

There are more miniatures. Those pictures are only a tiny sample of what is coming. I will post more when I get the first castings and work out a release schedule for them.

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2020, 11:31:20 AM »
The first unit of Rattibrutes finished!

Next stop, Saurisian Royal Guard :D

Rattibrutes are part of the upcoming line of 10mm miniatures under our Metal Warrior Miniatures brand.

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2020, 12:20:20 PM »
Those mini's look great. Very similar to Cibo's Little Dudes. Is he your sculptor?

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2020, 01:28:06 PM »
Those mini's look great. Very similar to Cibo's Little Dudes. Is he your sculptor?

Thanks!

No, the miniatures were sculpted by Adam Gayford if I'm correct. I did not commission the minis myself; I bought the range as it was unreleased and did fit to my game :D.

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2020, 07:58:06 PM »
Thanks!

No, the miniatures were sculpted by Adam Gayford if I'm correct. I did not commission the minis myself; I bought the range as it was unreleased and did fit to my game :D.

Cheers,
Seb

That is very curious... Have a look at the pictures below to compare the ranges. It would be great to have a UK distributor of Cibo's Little Dudes, because the sculpts are great but the prices (and postage costs on top) are pretty steep.

Ratmen: https://www.ciboslittledudes.com/collections/bush-wars-white-farmers

Lizardmen: https://www.ciboslittledudes.com/collections/fantasy-10mm-lizardmen

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2020, 06:21:56 AM »
I must say I now confused.

I will need to investigate this. It is possible that they use the same designer, who used the same dollies. Well, definitely the same dollies :D

Thanks for bringing this up to me :D 

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2020, 08:21:18 AM »
Another preview, this time Saurisian Royal Guard :)

Please note that the pack will come with separate shields that are not included in the picture.

And the mystery of the similarity is now solved. The  Cibo's Little Dudes and our line were done by the same sculptor, hence the sticking similarity :D

Cheers,
Seb