Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New on the blog: Mortal Arrow painted figure gallery  (Read 804 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
New on the blog: Mortal Arrow painted figure gallery
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
New post on the blog showing some paint jobs for the figs in Mortal Arrow's ending-soon "Warren of Vile Fungi" Kickstarter, along with links and some commentary on the figs.  Short version - damn fine sculpts if you're looking for creepy fungus-things.

https://brokenstarsburningships.blogspot.com/2019/11/dreadful-things-mortal-arrows-warren-of.html

And yes, Mortal Arrow is the company that does those nifty Tikki Trolls and all the weird arthropods that were hanging around Lolth's place back in module Q1.

Offline Mortal Arrow

• Schoolboy
  • Bazaar owner and all-around grump
    • Mortal Arrow LLC
Re: New on the blog: Mortal Arrow painted figure gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
Thanks again for posting the pics of your painted versions!  Yes! ... Q1 ... I remember loving the cover art by Jim Roslof. In fact that's what inspired my initial collaboration with Pedro. You just couldn't find miniatures of a Solifugid, Whip Scorpion, or Pedipalp. Now all we need is a proper version of Lolth to complete the scene.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
Thanks again for posting the pics of your painted versions!  Yes! ... Q1 ... I remember loving the cover art by Jim Roslof. In fact that's what inspired my initial collaboration with Pedro. You just couldn't find miniatures of a Solifugid, Whip Scorpion, or Pedipalp. Now all we need is a proper version of Lolth to complete the scene.

Reaper's second try at Lolth is perfectly serviceable IMO, although I'd certainly buy it in metal rather than Bones White.

Offline Mortal Arrow

• Schoolboy
  • Bazaar owner and all-around grump
    • Mortal Arrow LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:00:29 PM »
I think I might have both version (in metal), but prefer the original "non spider centaur" version, i.e. a big elf's head on on a spider body, Just seems wrong enough to come out of the abyss. ;-) https://ghwiki.greyparticle.com/images/d/d1/Lolth04.jpg

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:51:28 PM »
I think I might have both version (in metal), but prefer the original "non spider centaur" version, i.e. a big elf's head on on a spider body, Just seems wrong enough to come out of the abyss. ;-) https://ghwiki.greyparticle.com/images/d/d1/Lolth04.jpg

Fair enough.  Simple to kitbash - find an out-of-scale female figure (maybe 54mm or 70mm or even a small statue) with a head that suits and spider body to fit properly, graft appropriately, and Bob, as they say, is your uncle.