Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci-Fi New Crew Painted (10/1/2020)  (Read 30221 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: My 15mm Sci-Fi Projects Mayday! Mayday!(5/16/2020)
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2020, 03:28:02 AM »
Thank You All,
It has more work to be done for sure but it is off to a good start!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
Nice detail.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2020, 02:57:45 PM »
That is very cool, and I don't envy you having to paint down in those spaces lol

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2020, 04:29:37 PM »
That is very cool, and I don't envy you having to paint down in those spaces lol

That could be a problem, yeah.  I wonder if it would be easier to build and paint them on a card base/frame and drop them into the open hole afterward.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »
I actually like the copper tubing, I think it might be as easy as rough fitting the tubes and simply installing them after you paint the hole black. But an insert would be pretty cool too. Then, potentially, you could work in far greater detail or at least not drive yourself crazy trying to paint under those little pipes! If the pipes are getting painted, then it probably matters far less.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2020, 05:31:42 PM »
Simple fix.
Matt Black spray can
Undercoat grey of silver light zenithal spray can.
Wash with brown / green inks
Glue multicoloured wires from a busted USB cable.

Done  ;) :D .. at least that's the way i'd do it.
Z
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 07:14:15 PM by zrunelord »
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2020, 05:09:02 AM »
I'm just going to paint everything. Starting with a black spray and go from there. I have some other smaller wires going to be added as I go, but first I have to build a superstructure under it to raise it up higher for I have some other plans in mind.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2020, 11:04:50 AM »
Drybrushing the openings with metallic paints and then dab some colour on some parts and it'll look good!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: My 15mm Sci-Fi Projects Background Update(6/10/2020)
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2020, 05:40:24 AM »
The Great Galaxy War had just dwindled to an end, pretty much all sides basically ran out of rocks to throw at each other. All the boundary lines that all sides are using are the same lines that were of the Front Battle Lines.

The war was quick and massive, no one really knew what the reason for such a massive war was for. The little folks, the ones who actually did all the fighting for many of the government didn't know why, they were all just pushed into service as were any and all ships were pressed into service. Old ships pulled from old mothball fleets to salvage yards were quickly patched together just barely able to operate, refitted with some updated equipment, weapons and crew, rushed in to battle with the off chance they would get a few punches in. This same action was done on all sides for none of the governments thought that the time and cost of constructing new ships wasn't warranted for the battles were quick and fast and ever moving, loss of ship on all side were so great that the time for newer ships was just not possible if you were going to win.

Ships in these massive battle that were to greatly damaged or a drift were left behind as those that survived moved on to the next bigger battle, no recovery or rescue ships were dispatched to retrieve such ships, for many just could not spare ships for this task for all were needed in the ever shifting front lines. Space battles moved so quickly and so far apart with each side so desperate to win that many battles generally ended up with just one or two ships limping away just trying to save themselves little alone other ships in distress. It is plausible that many crew left behind on those ships may have died from failing life support or have been adrift so long they may have died from starvation, other ships may have drift into the gravitational pull of a planet or sun maybe even an asteroid and were destroyed on impact. Some in the battle areas may have drifted into each other causing further damage coming to their demised as metal on metal crushed upon each other, there could be ships out there working together pulling their resources just to survive making one large drifting habitat.

The new sectors and boundaries are setting up their governments many are launching their own search and rescue efforts for any and all ships, outposts and other facilities from all sides and to salvage as much of a those resources that they can of what is left, for resources are very very low, if none at all in some areas. Many civilian centers that would process or manufacture products of all kinds were destroyed or severely damaged. Special Offices are set up to sift through all the military orders to find official orders for ships and facilities to locate their last whereabouts. Not only were there ships sitting out there but there are other facilities out there as well observation outpost, communication  stations, supply depots to include medical stations as well, many at this point may be in dire straights at this time if not disfunctional, serverely damaged or destroyed. To add to the problem these facilities could be anywhere on asteroid, moons, planets of all kinds to even being their own station floating out there somewhere.

These ships, these SRSS (Search Rescue Salvage Ships) are set up roughly to render little medical aid and quarters if needed and to salvage as much of the ship as possible, if they can tow it back to their spaceport they will. If they can't tow it then they will leave a marking buoy to find it later on there return to salvage more of the ship till they can tow the rest home.

Now this may sound all fine and well, but with each ship or derelict encountered are new hazards such as crews still able to fight with their last and final punch maintaining the idea that they will be boarded and destroyed. Depending as to where ships are found such as planets or asteroids others could as well find new unknown creatures that has taken up residence in their new found homes. many other hazards could be engine sitting at a critical stage like a floating bomb from the crew last ditch effort to strike back, even weapons and booby traps could be laying about always standing sentry, may even be another salvage crew working it for the same government or another that are very much not willing to share in their spoils. Pirates and mercenaries as well working for anyone that willing to pay the right price.

This is the one such ship the "Celestial Queen" and her crew, out of the many out there doing what they can to recover anyone, everyone and everything. They are working out from a small space port and mining facility called "Styler's Point" on a very large planet named "Saharamanji". 

The crew of the "Celestial Queen" altogether.

Thank You for looking.

Doug

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2020, 06:56:24 AM »
Love that background story, Doug! Well crafted, beautifully executed. It explains the setting, the who, where and why, and I would love to send a crew to salvage whatever is salvageable in that bleak galaxy.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2020, 01:47:04 PM »
Great back story indeed. Can't wait to see the Celestial Queen (I assume she will be an important character in her own right), and explore Saharamanji!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2020, 06:30:50 AM »
Thanks Guys

I just pinched ideas here and there from other games and just put them together in away I thought would work well together as a good background.

Cook,
The terrain board that I have posted along with those terrain items is just a start.

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2020, 02:41:35 PM »
Great job, Warmonkey! Who makes that fellow in the far left, please?

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2020, 08:58:18 PM »
Great job, Warmonkey! Who makes that fellow in the far left, please?

He is from RAFM the crew is a mix of GZG, Alternative  Army and RAFM.

I just order a bunch of "B" Movie rubber suit types of figures from Khurasans and will be ordering set of Alien figures from Blue Moon, for encounters as well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:11:55 PM by War Monkey »

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »
Great story WM,
Like baking a cake ....  ;)
With loads if ingredients.

Thanks for sharing
Z