Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:12:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689840
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ogrob's fantasy projects - We need axes 17/3  (Read 131035 times)

Offline Advario

• Assistant
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Rhudaur cavalry built 23/4
« Reply #750 on: April 26, 2023, 10:15:38 PM »
I love your kitbashing of victrix horsemen! Especially the Rohan knights!! They inspired me to buy the viking and norman kit for myself and try it :D

Huge thanks for your beautiful work and all the effort in documenting it! Looking forward to more of your builds and paints in the future  :-*

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #751 on: April 26, 2023, 10:41:56 PM »
I love your kitbashing of victrix horsemen! Especially the Rohan knights!! They inspired me to buy the viking and norman kit for myself and try it :D

Huge thanks for your beautiful work and all the effort in documenting it! Looking forward to more of your builds and paints in the future  :-*

wonderful, make sure to show us how you get on!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #752 on: April 27, 2023, 11:12:35 AM »
Managed to source a box of Frostgrave Barbarians, giving me the figures I need to build the remaining troops for this faction (I say that, but I am quite tempted to add a few more of Lucid Eye's Cro Magnon...).

First up, eight more warriors. Six male, two female to give me an even 12 of each gender. Orc arms on the men as usual, except one who got some Frostgrave Tribal arms. The women got Oathmark goblin arms, but I swapped the spears for some slightly longer ones as the goblin spears are quite short. Heads are mostly Victrix Late Roman.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - More hillmen kitbashes 27/4
« Reply #753 on: April 29, 2023, 10:28:40 PM »
And going to be another bunch of pictures up today. First, the mounted Warlord. Super happy with how he turned out. Had to give him my favourite shield, the commander shield from Wargames Atlantic irish sprue.

Then the Chariot warlord, still sans chariot but painted up. Same shield.

Then several attempts at a decent photograph of the mounted hearthguard.

And finally another six archers. Found some goth heads with top knots on Victrix unarmoured late romans, and really like how these came out.

What do you think?

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Rhudaur update #3615 29/4
« Reply #754 on: April 29, 2023, 11:24:38 PM »
Those look amazing! That warlord is just great- he looks like someone not to be messed with. His head and face reminds me of what a middle-aged Conan the barbarian would look like, called out of quiet retirement in Rhudaur to chase off a Rhohirrm incursion. The cavalry warriors are equally excellent.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #755 on: April 30, 2023, 03:14:24 PM »
Those look amazing! That warlord is just great- he looks like someone not to be messed with. His head and face reminds me of what a middle-aged Conan the barbarian would look like, called out of quiet retirement in Rhudaur to chase off a Rhohirrm incursion. The cavalry warriors are equally excellent.

Thank you! I love getting new Victrix kits and seeing what characters I can come up with with the new heads. Hightligts of the new armoured late romans are certainly the two heads I've used for the Warlord here.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #756 on: May 01, 2023, 12:48:06 PM »
In between hillmen I also managed to get this Westfalia Dragon painted. Got it from their kickstarter last year, and had to find a base large enough to accomodate the scenic piece it came with. The dragon itself it almost entirely Vallejo's new xpress paints. Did a zenithal prime and then a layer of xpress black. Did some highlights but didn't quite like how they turned out, so in the end I mostly experimented with a few layers of xpress paint and a bit of black wash to darken the underside.

What do you think?

Offline Olsson

• Librarian
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Westfalia Dragon 1/5
« Reply #757 on: May 01, 2023, 01:26:05 PM »
A very fierce looking dragon! Must be quite the sight on a board. I'll have to check out the xpress paints myself.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #758 on: May 01, 2023, 01:59:54 PM »
Now that is a thing of beauty.   :o
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #759 on: May 01, 2023, 03:24:15 PM »
Took advantage of the day off today and finished the last 14 models for the rhudaur as well. Six archers and eight spears. That puts me at 8 points for SAGA, and with only a chariot left planned. Picking that kit up tomorrow.

Offline Chimpfoot

• Mad Scientist
  • Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all
    • chimpfoots tavern
Very nice as usual
On ranking up I usually paint the inside of the tray the same basic colour as the bases 🤷‍♂️ It hides a multitude of sins 👍🏼
chimpfoots-tavern.blogspot.com

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Wow, absolutely aces! More shots of the dragon by any chance?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Very nice as usual
On ranking up I usually paint the inside of the tray the same basic colour as the bases 🤷‍♂️ It hides a multitude of sins 👍🏼

Cheers mate, good idea! For these I only use trays to move them around the painting table, SAGA doesn't use them, so won't be making anything matching.

Offline Chimpfoot

• Mad Scientist
  • Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all
    • chimpfoots tavern
Sorry?
You have ‘room’ on your painting table to move things around?!
🤣🤣🤣👍🏼

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Sorry?
You have ‘room’ on your painting table to move things around?!
🤣🤣🤣👍🏼

The trays allow the minis to balance on top of the piles of sprues :)