Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Should there be a dedicated "1945-1975 Vietnam War" board?

Yes, I would prefer if all these topics were placed separately
6 (13.3%)
No, I would prefer for all Cold War period topics to be on the main board
31 (68.9%)
Yes, for other reasons
1 (2.2%)
No, for other reasons
0 (0%)
No preference on this issue / undecided
7 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: December 07, 2019, 07:13:33 PM

Author Topic: Orientational Poll: A child board for Indochina/Vietnam?  (Read 22139 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Orientational Poll: A child board for Indochina/Vietnam?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
For what it’s worth, I already have about a platoon’s worth of Khmer Rouge as opposition for the Vietnamese force I’m building. Converted and painted up with just the December 1978 Vietnamese blitzkreig in mind, plus the side goal of gaming the Mayaguez Incident some day. All done well prior to the current Vietnam ranges too. The promised range of Vietnamese from SASM/Footsore never eventuated.

Naturally enough, I have no interest in gaming the horrors of the Pol Pot regime, anymore than the average WW2 gamer fancies recreating Treblinka on their dining room or Vietnam buffs fancy a game of My Lai. I suspect there are a few folk out there who have German forces for their Berlin 1945 games. Alas, there have to be baddies in every game of cowboys or cops and robbers.

It's certainly fascinating in a slightly morbid way, as all these topics are - that said, the Mayaguez would certainly be something special. But we are veering off course, sorry for that.

My main point is that I personally don't really perceive Cambodia as part of the "Vietnam War" proper, but as said, one could be lenient with that (and the above is not final). It's so often the case.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Orientational Poll: A child board for Indochina/Vietnam?
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 08:41:36 AM »
So, based on votes cast, it appears that currently there is not a strong need to have a separate board for Indochina, with 68.9% of the votes cast against, 15.5% in favour and 15.6% undecided.

This doesn't rule out a future need, but I think for the time being, it may be best to keep it all in one place. I'll track developments and we may return to this issue at a later time.