Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:51:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686591
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: FF does Weird War  (Read 2185 times)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
FF does Weird War
« on: December 05, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
Hey LAF community,

here's a few shots from a recent project I started on. It is inspired by a few movies, such as 'The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor', 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow', and comics such as 'Fiends of the Eastern Front'.

I have a lot of figures in preparation for this and hope this thread will lend itself to motivate me to keep up some progress on the figures. I'm not sure whether I will open a historical thread for the 'real' miniatures, whereas vampires and such will be posted here, but for a start I'll show you an ancient, Egyptian high priest who has returned from the dead with a slew of long Deceased, meaning to be decreased by a mix of adventurers in the form of Perry Foreign Legionnaires and perhaps (!) Afrika Korps.

Along with that, General Yang's soldiers, converted from Warlord Games Winter Germans, Japanese and a few bits and bobs from other kits. A test run of four for the first look, before probably building a twenty or thirty man strong force with a few vehicles to support it.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: FF does Weird War
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:20 PM »
Hey LAF Hivemind,

with Corona Virus about and the closing of Uni and such, I've found some time to paint again. Trying to tackle the painting queue, I started to finish paintjobs that got started at some point (i.e. one blocked in colour or some such) and began to paint the figures. I also converted a few to fit into the Weird War theme. Over the coming weeks a few might follow. I'll let you be the judges and I hope you enjoy!  :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:45:48 PM by FreakyFenton »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 04:23:15 PM »
And more.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:35:19 PM by FreakyFenton »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 04:28:02 PM »
 :)

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 07:50:48 AM »
Hello, Great camo on those Gerry's, nice sculpts too. Keep up the good work. Interested to see your 'Weird' when its painted! Regards Wolt

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 08:14:58 AM »
Nice work.

When are you going to paint that Russian with the machete, that is an excellent conversion.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
@wolivant Thank you! I will try. And yup, it is lined up.

@Ultravanillasmurf I am about to, just need to undercoat him and a few other models. While trying to give him the appearance of one of General Yang's soldiers as seen in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Offline Poetspmc

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 05:12:12 PM »
Great stuff so far! Can’t wait for more

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 07:34:34 PM »
@Poetspmc Thank you! And glad to hear.

Here is a zombie leader and one of his nightmarish troopers, one of a line of many to be fair. Both excellent miniatures from Studio Miniatures and a joy to paint.  :D

While a staple of a lot of churned out movies in Britain and Germany alike at times to a bore, the zombies here will either serve as a shield for an antagonist of mine (that I'll still have to convert up) and his squad of sinister scientist. Or  they will turn up as zombiefied casualties players will have during the campaigns fighting the supernatural.

Either way, more to come. Next might be mummies, and Yang's troopers.  >:D