Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690589
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm farm implements, improvised weapons?  (Read 838 times)

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
28mm farm implements, improvised weapons?
« on: December 12, 2019, 06:06:02 PM »
Anyone know of a source for 28mm agrigultural implements - pitchforks, scythes, that sort of thing?

I'm eyeing Warfare Miniatures as next year's 28mm project, but their militia/rebels come open-handed I believe and they don't look like the supply weapons to go with. Pikes I can find easily, but not so much improvised weapons.

Warlord Games I know do a sprue of four 'Long Weapons', but other than that I can't find any, and I'm not sure my greenstuff skills are up to fiddly things like blades or prongs etc. (I've tried making greenstuff swords before and it didn't go well!)

Cheers!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: 28mm farm implements, improvised weapons?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 06:13:33 PM »
The undead peasants from Fireforge, maybe?

https://fireforge-games.com/living-dead/364-ld-peasants.html

The sprue photo shows a good variety of agricultural tools, picks, mattocks, etc.

I think I remember hearing that non-zombie versions of these peasants are also due out, not sure that matters if all you want is the weaponry/tools and you're going to carve off the plastic hands and arms.

No idea how Firelock figures scale against Warfare or any other manufacturer, I'm afraid.

Offline Flinty

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:36:04 PM »
I have (wee bit chunky) spades, pitchforks, simple bills etc,  possibly Dark Age and I thought Gripping Beast....but I can't find/see them on the website right now...

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
I was going to 2nd Essex, and the Warlord weapons are quite nice. Do Frontrank do some?
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 09:00:53 PM »

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
Thanks all, good to know there at least a few options out there.
I'd have thought Front Rank would do some - but they do a pack of Monmouth Rebels which includes polearms, doesn't look like sold separately though.

I'm tempted by the Front Rank range, but Warfare have more variety, and I believe Front Rank and Warfare won't work together too well.

It's a bit of a bugbear of mine, companies which do open-handed figures but don't supply their weapons - a pikeman without a pike is just a man...  lol

Looks like I should be able to find a suitable array for the Warfare rebels/militia figures though, cheers.