Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1st corp medieval size compared with Front Rank WotR / HYW  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: 1st corp medieval size compared with Front Rank WotR / HYW
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 09:36:11 AM »
I suddenly realised that I have a handful of 1st Corps folks, so threw together this quick comparison shot with some Front Rank HYW bods. Hope it's of some help.

Ah..... they are the old Kingmaker line and not the Late Medieval's the twins had sculpted.

For some reason i thought you were referring to their own line. The Kingmaker Hussite range is not too bad a match at all with FR.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »
Nice comparison shot but to be really useful it would help to know which are which.  ;)

I would say that FR are 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 going from  left to right.
and noticeably bigger than the 1st corps - presumably from their own medievals rather than the Kingmakers they now market too?

*although I now see that completely contradicts Atheling's comment above, so am entirely confused tbh.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
So, we have from right to left:

Front Rank, kingmaker/1st Corp-, FR/KM/1st C, FR/KM/1st C, FR

Kingmaker was a Hussite range originally commissioned by Steve Hales of LBM Transfers and Victrix fame sculpted by (I believe it was) Ian Mountain

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 10:01:36 PM »
Yes, that's what comes of posting while half asleep  lol . The Front Rank ones have the textured bases, the 1st Corps are on plain green.

I *think* that the 1st Corps ones here were originally Kingmaker. They're not so hefty as the Front Rank, but a smidge taller.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:04:11 PM by Garanhir »
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus