Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689609
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Its Cristmas Time  (Read 15217 times)

Offline loki

• Scientist
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »
Jawohl - Wünsche Frohes Fest und Guten Rutsch  :mrgreen:

Offline Mephysto

• Assistant
  • Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
Aye! Merry and salty Christmas, me 'hearties! :twisted:
Significant.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »
SCHÄFERHUND Christmas

to all of you ,out there, wish you milions of lead and a good Adventure

Cheers Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Pax

• Assistant
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »
Merry Christmas lads  :mrgreen:

I'll be off to merry old Scotland during new years, so I'm afraid I'll have to leave you all for a bit.

Offline Chien Sauvage

• Assistant
    • http://bobouest.canalblog.com/
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 11:06:04 PM »
Joyeux Noël ā tous.

Merry christmas, for everyone.

Chien sauvage

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 06:11:58 PM »
A little late: Glædelig jul!
And just in time: Godt nytår!

(It's about time, some of you learn some Danish!  :wink: )
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 01:05:29 AM »
Sorry I'm late. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.

The Christmas Truces.
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. The Book of Isaiah.

Let us hope that in future years the only thing that comes between our countries is Fußball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8KZwmQR9E

:wink:
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 09:15:24 AM »
Ah ja....the 5 to 1 result from Munich. I will not watch it again....Too much pain...

The comments below that video are funny. Shows me that Football can make people pretty upset and sometimes the English dont have humor....

Anyway...that particular game was really hard. Much harder was one year later my visit to England and my friends there invited me to a DVD evening. And when the DVD started I tried to run but they roped my on the sofa and I had to watch this game again with some lunatic Englanders. This game was so historical to England that a newspaper had a free giveaway with this game on DVD... right Plynkes ?

Or in 1990 when I was in England visiting the same friend in Coventry and one day after that game - you know the one against England that we ( Germany ) won in penalty shooting - we went to this fish and chips shop. The people were queeing and when it was finally my turn the owner - who was from India said....Ah my friend from Germany nice to see you again. And Gary right besid me groaned and said....Shit...when youre  lucky Björn they will kill you quick. But nobody bit into my nose or smashed my face with a glass ( popular sport in England ) And I thought....Great sportsman those Tommies  !

1996 was also great. Winning the european championship in the motherland of football and also beating England again ( yawwwwn ) in penalty shooting. That was awesome...

Or this year....ok....we didnt win the Cup....but people said it was the best world cup ever. We had a great time here in Germany and we were 3rd !

So....the 5 to 1 hurts....It really sucks.... it is a pain in my behind.....but,
there are so many good times to remember in football games against England ( like the 1 to 0 in the last game between Germany / England in Wembley Stadium before that old temple was crumbled to dust ) that I only have to think of those and feel better.

Anyway....I didnt want to write a book. Thanks for your reply Plynkes and thanks for the picture. Thats a good one and gives hope. And I reach out my hand and apologize. I didnt want to hurt your feelings. I just wanted to be a little funny.

Your premiere legue is great. I always like to watch it. You have great teams over there and Team England is also great although I dont think it was a good Idea to sack Becks . But that s   not my business.

All the best for 2007

Cheers
Björn :wink:
, ,

Offline Grimm

• Scatterbrained Genius
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »
Thanks  Driscoles ,you say it   :mrgreen:

and Plynkes you are a little agitator ,first show a nice picture that will give us all hope and then beat me up with the 5:1 .
If I everer try to rule the world you will be my propaganda minister but be sure
Dan (Derek Beaufort in the Forum) will be observe you because he will be the    home secretary .

Grimm :wink:

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »
I did not notice those comments on the page below the video. I would not have posted the link if I had. Sorry.

It was supposed to be a bit of fun. It's sad that there are people like that. I don't suppose Nation shall be speaking much peace unto Nation while they are still about.

The main reason that the 5-1 means so much here is because the rest of the time, Germany always wins. On Penalties! Grrrr....

(We in England officially hate the Penalty Shoot-out. If you look you will see that in recent years we almost always get knocked out of competitions on Penalties, either to Germany, Argentina or bloody Portugal!)

So let us forget the football Arseholes, and remember Christmas 1914 instead.  There was a famous football match in No-Man's Land. Luckily the Penalty Shoot-Out had not been invented in those days...

Offline Grimm

• Scatterbrained Genius
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 11:43:19 AM »
Be cool Plynkes we dosen´t be worry abaut your post .
you be a nice guy .

grimm

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »
Hi there,

I know you didnt mean it bad Plynkes. I can take a joke. Its all right. I was also teasing a bit.

I have my rivalry with my english friends in football for 23 years now, when I first was in England for a school exchange. Since then we always tease us. It all started with a Mars bar. Gary said it was English I said it was German ( actually its from Holland I think )....it continued with OMO washing powder. Best one was when we saw in a candy shop in Coventry Mozart Kugeln. I said they are from Germany. he said....rubbish they are from Austria....and I replied....Austria was once German LOL.... Than we came to football. Its going like that for 23 years now. Kind of funny, you know.

Anyway....We are still friends, he is the Godfather of my daughter and our families have a pretty good friendship.

But one ( and last ) football story. During the last world cup a German director filmed the Team Germany. In one scene  they were practicing penalty shots. Know what ? The shooter hat to tell the goalkeeper were he wanted to shoot and the keeper was allowed to go in that part of the goal. Know what happened ?  The player scored !

Penalty shoot is better than drawing straws !

Cheers
Björn

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Its Cristmas Time
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »
Quote from: Plynkes

The main reason that the 5-1 means so much here is because the rest of the time, Germany always wins. On Penalties! Grrrr....
quote]

I seem to remember, that in 1966 (my year of birth) England did not loose to Germany. Sorry, no more about Football  :)