Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pedion Modular Terrain Review  (Read 1500 times)

Offline mirjeki

• Bookworm
Pedion Modular Terrain Review
« on: December 12, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »
Hi all,

I recently received a couple of sets of Pedion Terrain tiles and thought I'd write up a little review of them.

They're not specifically fantasy but I'm intending on using the grasslands tiles mostly for games of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (5th Edition) and Rangers of Shadow Deep so I figured this board was a good place to post about them.

Attached are some pictures of my first game on them: 'The Bridge Guards' mission from the first campaign of Rangers of Shadow Deep.

The tiles themselves are pretty great! They're sturdy and easy to store, although they don't line up as perfectly as I'd like, the gaps are easy to hide with a bit of strategically-placed scatter terrain.

The trees are nice too, and give a good sense of woodland while still allowing movement of the miniatures. This is because each tree has a magnet inserted into the base, and the woodland tiles have hidden magnets in them. This means you can lift a tree, place your models there, and then declare them 'in the woods' - which is pretty great!

There are some downsides to them, notably the plain grass tile being a bit, well, plain. But overall if you compare hours of work needed to make them to how much they cost, I'd say it's a pretty decent trade-off.

They're especially good for the gamer with little space, as you have lots of nice variation in a small area as they're all 1x1' tiles.

I wrote up the full (more critical) review on my blog:
http://darkspacemessages.blogspot.com/2019/12/pedion-tiles-review.html

Cheers,
Mirjeki.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:24:53 PM by mirjeki »

Offline DarthPanic

• Schoolboy
    • Pedion Modular Battlefields
Re: Pedion Modular Terrain Review
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
My thanks Tom!
I enjoy everything Wargaming, Modelling and Terrain making!
Visit my terrain eshop www.pedion.store

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »
I'm snitty when it comes to seams on my game area but that's a gorgeous set up.  Thanks for the pictures.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »
DarthPanic, the Pedion Terrain maker lives in Athens, several of Strategikon Athens Club members have the joy to own terrain from Pedion.
George is a nice and helpful guy, he fulfilled my dream to have the right terrain for our pirate games!
Here are some examples of his work.
The sea tiles are gorgeous!

As it concerns simple grassland tiles, I may say I need some more (hear George?  ;) ), as they are useful to put additional terrain and buildings on. 
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
Really nice!!!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »
Second picture, coast tiles one and two from the left:
Specially made for me by George, as I wanted some rocky coast tiles.
As they are handmade, each terrain tile, even if it represents the same style of terrain, is slightly different from the other.
George admits that his terrain is mainly oriented for 28mm figures, but most of you will be happy with that  :D
I usually play battles with many troops in 15mm or 1/72, so plain terrain tiles are useful for easy deployment.
George says that, upon my request, he can produce transition from coast to greenland tiles. Good!