Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Combining Conquest F&IW with Perry AWI  (Read 6705 times)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Combining Conquest F&IW with Perry AWI
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:27:57 AM by Silent Invader »
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Buzgob

• Librarian
Re: Combining Conquest F&IW with Perry AWI
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »
I just took 2 pictures of 2 Conquest woodland indians next to 2 Perry indians (from the AWI range). I found some similar poses to give a good comparison.
The unpainted ones are the Conquests, the semi-painted ones are Perry. The bases are the same height.

My picture taking fu sucks so forgive the picture quality.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49:31 PM »
I wouldnt hesitate to mix them they fit very well

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
I wouldnt hesitate to mix them they fit very well

Heartily seconded. Some Conquest figures are a shade slimmer, but then some people are slimmer than others. The weapons in both ranges are pretty much all the same size, which is another advantage. To be honest, when the figs have been paainted and based by the same person, it can be quite difficult to tell them apart.

I also happen to know that the owner of Conquest happily mixes both ranges. You could hardly find a better endorsement than that!
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
Yep. I have one of every Conquest and Perry miniature in my collection and no one (aside from Eric Roof) can tell them apart. The Eureka stuff mixes in nicely also. I'm supposed to be playing a game on Thursday and if I can remember I'll try to get a shot of Eureka, Conquest, Perry, and OG lined up.

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »

I have some Woodland Indians and Rangers by Conquest that I will use alongside some of Perry's Southern Militia deployed as settlers or militia.  Though these have yet to be painted up I am already (obviously!) thinking about the next purchases and have pencilled in Conquest's French Marines and some British or American foot (not sure which yet) and Woodland Indians by Perry.

I have both the Conquest rangers and the compagnies franches de la marine. Both are excellent sets of figures. I also have a pack of the Perry Southern militia who variously do duty as Patriots, Tories, ununiformed F&IW Crown militia types and poor divils defending hearth and home as per "Drums Along the Mohawk" alongside some of their Conquest brethern. Very, very useful figures. Some or all of the Foundry AWI minutemen would go well with them too. Oh, and if you haven't already got the Conquest settlers pack that contains "granny with an armload of muskets", I very much recommend that you grab it. It's worth it for that figure alone!

I hope to add a few more Perry and Conquest bits and pieces at Historicon.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:49:32 PM by Gallowglass »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »
Good ideas Gallowglass

I have added to what has been said by using the Crusader SYW French a little taller than Conq and Perry but nice figures and as I use TVG they are in separate units.

I also saw that Eureka have finally released their Provincials which are said to be a good match for Perry/Conquest figures

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 03:14:07 PM »
I also saw that Eureka have finally released their Provincials which are said to be a good match for Perry/Conquest figures

I haven't got a picture to hand (or indeed, at all - now that I think about it), but yes, the Eureka Provincials work very well with Conquest, Perry and Foundry. I'm very pleased to have some of them already, and will be after a few more at Historicon. (That bloody list keeps growing).

Now, the Eureka weapons are a shade heftier and longer than the rest, but as nobody else does Provincials, that's not really a problem. Aside from "being good mixers", the Provincials are lovely figures in their own right, and would certainly hold their own in terms of quality with the other ranges mentioned. They come in two sets - one "firing and loading",  one "marching", each with an NCO/officer, drummer and standard bearer in the relevant pose. And you also have the option of adding a George Washington figure in his Virginia uniform, which is nice.

There is a LOT of really nice stuff out there for 18th century America, and with the recent arrival of Galloping Major, anybody with an interest in the F&IW and AWI is really beginning to be spoiled for choice.

I'm very much looking forward to what both GM and Conquest will offer as regulars, though..... ;D

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »
I have Woodland Indians from both companies and they mix together very well.  Both are highly recommended! :D

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

Plaudits to both Perry and the Royal Mail for service: ordered after 5:00 pm on Thursday 2nd July and arrived this morning (Saturday).   :o    :)

That IS fast.

Enjoy them. They're very nice figures.

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:22:44 PM »
Two boxes of perry woodland indians arrived this morning....

..... and they are a perfect fit with the conquest woodland indians.

I'm just jealous !

Now get paint them  >:D

;)

meow
Matt
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
Right.

Not to hijack, but I have seen the Conquest Miniatures greens/browns for the British and French F&IW regulars at Historicon, where Eric was good enough to show them to me. No pics as the camera was hors de combat, but believe me - these will be worth the wait. In fact, they blow any other currently available European regulars for the conflict out of the water.

These are and will be very special figures indeed, folks. I'm certainly prepared to wait.

I'll leave further descriptions to Eric (or anybody who might have a photo).

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »
Eric has shared pictures of them with me and I can only agree. I'm glad he at least brought them to show off.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 01:55:19 PM »
I finally remembered to take a pic of the new Magua from Conquest next to one of Eureka's highlanders. IMO they are an almost perfect match.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:29:39 PM by Aaron »

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 02:01:23 AM »
Damnit, I forgot to buy him. I got the painted cabin, but forgot the "action" Magua.

(Insert quite a lot of bad language at this point).