Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:15:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (commercial/Kickstarter) Witchin' Hour  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
Re: (commercial/Kickstarter) Witchin' Hour
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 05:09:30 PM »
Happy New Year everybody!
And to begin this year I would like to show you a sample of a spread page from the rulebook. My friend Jan-Willem has done some drawings for the book and tokens and I was able to find some time during the holiday to get it in the book design. (see attachment)
Hope you all like it.

I know this a sample, but there are a few spelling errors and punctuation errors in the document.  I hoping you have a dedicated copy editor who can review the whole document before it is printed.

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »
@Pascal,

Yes, the whole document will be proof read before production. It will definitely not mean all (spelling) errors and/or punctuations will be corrected, but we do our utmost best to keep errors to a minimum.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »
Happy New Year everybody!
And to begin this year I would like to show you a sample of a spread page from the rulebook. My friend Jan-Willem has done some drawings for the book and tokens and I was able to find some time during the holiday to get it in the book design. (see attachment)
Hope you all like it.

Looks good and I think it's wise to use 2+ columns, this reads much better than a single column. And the colours and mood look great too.
Points for improvement for me would be to have more negative space on the pages and increase it between objects to enhance readability and to make it a bit less cluttered. And maybe lighten the colour of the pages themselves to get more contrast with the text.
But it does look awesome already! On the fence whether to back the game, but I will surely check it out (and walk by on Poldercon if my Heroquest sessions finish early).
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 01:05:56 AM »
It sounds quite interesting. I will certainly check out the kickstarter once it begins.

-Michael

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »
Thank you all for the positive responses and feedback.
I take all of it into account while tinkering away with the scenario's layout etc.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 07:53:20 PM »
Glad to see you moving forwards with this! After the pitch on the way to Crisis I am quite sold on the system.  :)
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 08:52:33 AM »
To all those who are not on Facebook and are worried they will miss any updates/add-ons etc. once the game is released:

I am building a website (Hazard Game Design) where I will put info on all games I (will) make. Any additional content or updates that will be made once the game is released will also be on there.
As soon as the website is finished I will share the URL here. But rest assured, you will not have to miss out on anything if you are not on Facebook.

Patrick

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 07:24:57 PM »
SkirmishWargames.com has been running a test game of the upcoming Witchin' Hour game. They are currently editing the footage and if all goes well a video will be placed on their website just before the Kickstarter launch.

I asked them what they thought of the game and this was their reply:

'We liked the game a lot. The rules were concise (a big plus), but still offered plenty of options for customizing the war bands.
The activation token and combat dice mechanics were very refreshing. There was an element of suspense not knowing if the opposing player was going to outbid you for activation or use a higher number of dice during combat.
All in all, we felt the game was quite original and a great deal of fun. So congratulations on your creation!'

They even came up with some comments about certain rules that I probably will tackle in the final version of the rulebook.

Keep an eye out for the video at:
https://skirmishwargames.com

Or at their YouTube channel.

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »
Several people have asked me about a campaign system for Witchin' Hour. My standard reply to this was: there will be about 6 to 7 scenario's in the book that play like a campaign. The book might not have enough room for a separate campaign system.
Well... you might have guessed it, but I have just finished writing some rules for playing a campaign (what to do with models who are taken out of action (killed, saved or wounded and what these wounds will do to your models, points for surviving models, a few special skills for the survivors to choose from, how to get new recruits and what happens to captured models). With luck, it might even fit in the book.
(If not, I will make a pdf file for all backers.)

Just a week to the Kickstarter launch!
Feb. 1st. 12:00 CET

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 01:57:35 PM »
 8) cool!!!

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 08:44:12 AM »
You can visit the preview page here (and click the notify me on launch button so you will be sure to join the action):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/witchinhour/witchin-hour

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2020, 08:39:05 AM »
The friendly folk at SkirmishWargames.com have made a play-through-video of Witchin' Hour!

It's a little over an hour and gives you a very good idea on how the game mechanics work.

Keep an eye out on their website for the upcoming blogpost about the game.

Watch it on their YouTube channel:

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2020, 12:59:17 PM »
To all those who are not on Facebook and are worried they will miss any updates/add-ons etc. once the game is released:

I am building a website (Hazard Game Design) where I will put info on all games I (will) make. Any additional content or updates that will be made once the game is released will also be on there.
As soon as the website is finished I will share the URL here. But rest assured, you will not have to miss out on anything if you are not on Facebook.

Patrick

Great!  Just clicked the link to be notified.  Will watch the video over the weekend.  Look forward to the campaign./

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 06:38:20 PM »
The website for Hazard Game Design is online as well.

www.hazardgamedesign.com

Offline Witchin Hour

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »
Today the folks at Skirmishwargames.com have posted the blogpost that accompanies their video I shared earlier.

"Our initial reaction is: It’s refreshingly different, easy to learn and ultimately very entertaining. Witchin’ Hour features some rather unique activation and combat mechanics that throw an extra element of chaos into every action and every fight. It also offers numerous ways to customize your witches and warriors, so each game can be radically different from the last."

Read the full post here:

https://skirmishwargames.com/witchin-hour/