Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: About those Confrontation Strohm Warriors...  (Read 836 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
About those Confrontation Strohm Warriors...
« on: January 04, 2020, 03:51:10 PM »

The Goblin with the bear pelt has a goat on its shield, while the goat headed fighter has a boar emblem, but what does the one in the middle with the boar pelt have on its shield? Is it a bear? I can't tell even with the figure in front of me and with a magnifier! :( Are the emblems on their shields supposed to be raised designs for easy painting or skinned faces of animals? I've seen someone painted it as the latter, with spots of blood around the edges and others painted it in drab earth colors. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: About those Confrontation Strohm Warriors...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 04:06:49 PM »
The colouration makes it look like a baboon or something...?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 04:07:36 PM »
Looks like a moose to me and they just appear to be sculpted designs given how small they are. Moose is clearer in this guys (mazing) paintjobs.

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/1244

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 04:22:49 PM »
Looks like a moose to me and they just appear to be sculpted designs given how small they are. Moose is clearer in this guys (mazing) paintjobs.

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/1244
That diorama or vignette has entranced me for weeks! It's by chance that the figure I'm interested is positioned coyly. Could it be another goat? It doesn't help that this guy's shield is bizarrely shaped in contrast with the round and circular ones of the other two. 

This is pic that led me to assume the possibility that the Goblins mounted faces: there's blood trickling down the pelts and the goat face has also blood or is it red lining for contrast? All these bucklers/shields have a small spike near the center and top coming out of the images' foreheads. 

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:27:46 PM by Condottiere »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »
The colouration makes it look like a baboon or something...?
The blue could just be to match the boar head and/or contrast with the drab colors. The nose and the cheeks loom similar to the goat device, but I can't see horns nor droopy ears. Is it supposed to be a rat? Confrontation Goblins consider vermin sacred.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »
Anyone have any luck converting these three for variety and if so, any pics? It's a shame their swords and shields aren't separate, like those of the Klune Militiamen. Separate heads/pelts would've been nice, as I could've added animal heads from other figure kits. Planning on swapping out some of the swords with polearms, probably from Bretonnian Men-at-Arms and Chaos Warrior sprues.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:36:15 PM by Condottiere »