Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690630
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Wargames Atlantic News Thread  (Read 7965 times)

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Wargames Atlantic News Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2021, 09:38:25 PM »
First thing, let me say I was pleasantly surprised with how the Lizardmen have developed. I was not originally a fan but I have to say I like what you folks have come up with in the end. So I will be wanting a box of those as well now.

Which leads to the second thing, which is a bit of a problem.

Whilst the trade talks secured something of a deal, it has since then proven quite problematic for us. Additional costs and we have been waiting over two weeks for a package sent by a mate in the UK that still has not crossed the Channel.

At this point my wife and I will not be making purchases from the UK until things get sorted out at the border.

Have you folks at Wargames Atlantic established a distributor in the EU yet? If not, will you be doing so in the future?

EDIT: Correction to above, apparently the package our friend sent entered Germany on the 30th, 17 days after posting. With luck it will be with us in the next couple of days but we are still leery about ordering from the UK at this point.

We have several distributors in the EU and they can be found on our Where to Buy page on the site. Right now there's a lot of hysteria about Brexit and shipping and so far our stuff hasn't been impacted. Sarissa who does our UK/EU fulfillment has contingency plans in place if shipping becomes an issue

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 02:28:03 AM »
It would seem I misspoke when I said distributor, I meant fulfillment center.

I hope you do not consider me part of that hysteria as I am speaking from personal experience. Not only has a package of mine, admittedly not from Sarissa, has been delayed (and I have yet to know if there will be additional costs) as well as I have just found out that Ship Quest, which is doing the fulfillment of the Hagglethorn Hollow Kickstarter by Tabletop Troubadour is experiencing “teething problems” that are causing delays.

Tabletop Troubadour has been less than transparent regarding fulfillment and this experience in turn has lead me to ask for more transparency from other companies. I can see Nick of Northstar in another thread speaks of no problems shipping from the UK to the EU. This is great but my personal experiences so far do not match this.

One of the reasons I was so frustrated with Tabletop Troubadour was the better shipping updates from Wargames Atlantic, so hat tip to you on that. But I do not think it is hysterical to want to know what Wargames Atlantic plans during these admittedly challenging times.

Saying that Sarissa will continue to handle fulfillment from orders to the main company website is one thing, but a vague reference to contingency plans without making those contingency plans clear is not really helpful. As a customer I want to clearly know if there will be delays and additional costs if I order from the main company website in order to decide if I should just wait to see what other sources become available at a later date for Wargames Atlantic products.

My enthusiasm for Wargames Atlantic products has me wanting to avoid waiting when possible, so please consider that a success of your product line. 
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 03:39:43 AM »
It would seem I misspoke when I said distributor, I meant fulfillment center.

I hope you do not consider me part of that hysteria as I am speaking from personal experience. Not only has a package of mine, admittedly not from Sarissa, has been delayed (and I have yet to know if there will be additional costs) as well as I have just found out that Ship Quest, which is doing the fulfillment of the Hagglethorn Hollow Kickstarter by Tabletop Troubadour is experiencing “teething problems” that are causing delays.

Tabletop Troubadour has been less than transparent regarding fulfillment and this experience in turn has lead me to ask for more transparency from other companies. I can see Nick of Northstar in another thread speaks of no problems shipping from the UK to the EU. This is great but my personal experiences so far do not match this.

One of the reasons I was so frustrated with Tabletop Troubadour was the better shipping updates from Wargames Atlantic, so hat tip to you on that. But I do not think it is hysterical to want to know what Wargames Atlantic plans during these admittedly challenging times.

Saying that Sarissa will continue to handle fulfillment from orders to the main company website is one thing, but a vague reference to contingency plans without making those contingency plans clear is not really helpful. As a customer I want to clearly know if there will be delays and additional costs if I order from the main company website in order to decide if I should just wait to see what other sources become available at a later date for Wargames Atlantic products.

My enthusiasm for Wargames Atlantic products has me wanting to avoid waiting when possible, so please consider that a success of your product line.

sorry were waiting to see like everyone else. Even the governments involved don’t have clear guidelines.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2021, 01:28:58 PM »
I guess my immediate question is, if we try to order a box of your British Riflemen from your website when they finally get to Sarissa in the UK, are we going to get the same 25% customs charge that we just got on a package sent to us by a mate in the UK?

Do you anticipate a price increase on your products if we try to buy from Blackfire, your distributor in Germany?

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2021, 07:18:46 AM »
I guess my immediate question is, if we try to order a box of your British Riflemen from your website when they finally get to Sarissa in the UK, are we going to get the same 25% customs charge that we just got on a package sent to us by a mate in the UK?

Do you anticipate a price increase on your products if we try to buy from Blackfire, your distributor in Germany?

I unfortunately do not have an answer for you on that.

To everyone awaiting the prussian infantry and lizardmen, there is an update on our website.

Lizardmen and Prussian Reserve are both at the docks in New York and Southampton so now it's just a matter of time before we have them in the warehouses. Shipping now in Australia.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2021, 03:17:07 PM »
I thought folks reading this thread might be interested in the review of Wargames Atlantic that I have on my blog.

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2021/05/21/some-reviews-wargames-atlantic-and-miniaturicum/

TLDR is great company that makes cool sculpts, nice to see them engaging with customers so well.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »
are we going to get the same 25% customs charge that we just got on a package sent to us by a mate in the UK?

That's what puts me off ordering from the UK atm ( Holland-based ). I don't like nasty surprises, been stung in the past by US-parcels which our customs put ridicilous large valueations ( so taxations ) on so, no. Have been looking into EU-webshops and of course my FLGS can order aswell, but we'll see until july. WgA's spider kits is highest on the list  :).
Leadhead