Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690731
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Plastic Afghans  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Perry Plastic Afghans
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 10:24:03 PM »
And an absolute necessity for those games with Flashman, now, which figures would be best for his nemesis Gul Shah?

Sooo tempting.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 10:29:31 PM »
Totally unexpected!

They weren't on the cards when I spoke to them a year ago. But they wouldn't rule them out as a future project, so I was living in hope, but never expected such an early development.

Very happy indeed!!

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 10:37:33 PM »
We are now spoiled for choice...in plastics!

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 10:47:02 PM »
Very interesting what you saying never thought about it   lol lol please can you explain better? Very interesting indeed
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:52:19 PM by italwars »

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 11:06:49 PM »
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Like others have said, this is a long overdue and much wanted release! We now have plastic native forces in the form of Sudanese and Zulus, and soon Afghans!!!!!!! The conversion possibilities are great! Moreover, who doesn't need heeps of fanatical Afghans to fight the British and Indian forces!
I agree with you...probably the Perry in just one day listened too my wishes and acted accordingly . lol lol..just joking ..in fact if everything is compatible and more than that if those Perry afghans are also compatible with Greaping Beast Arabs both mounted and foot we can really enjoy ourself with plenty of conversions and native types of warriors ...I even think that with a head changing those kneeling afghans could do for some static skirmishing dervishes in Jibbah which are a good addition cause a full plastic army of advancing charging Mahdists could be boring in certain scenarios..personally I had always preferred less dinamic poses in model soldiers

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 04:30:11 PM »
Even if I never end up doing NWF (doubtful  lol ), I'll buy at least a box.  Sandalled bodies are good conversion fodder for Darkest Africa kitbashes and the closetoed/warmer looking ones will be great for my Frostgrave/Fantasy stuff, which is going for kind of a Pan-Asian aesthetic arms/armor/clothing wise and a Himalayan one architecturally.  :)

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
Given the options Michael says will be in the box, what period would these be suitable for roughly other than the actual 2nd Afghan War?

Steve

As they weapons are mixed you can all sorts with these guys. The Afghans and other warriors from the North West of India fought as mercenaries across the sub continent from the era of Clive onwards so you can have these fighting Clive or Wellington, the First second and even third Afghan Wars of course. Various actions over 2oo years on the North West Frotnier. The Sikh Wars where both sides used Muslim irregulars and with a head swap they become Sikh irregulars, Inian Mutiny and thats all without doing much in the way of conversions to use them outside of India.

Very, very useful, I cant wait.
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Online RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 07:06:55 PM »
Thanks Roger. I have some of the Perry’s plastic British so will possibly use them for NWF but was also wondering if they would be useful for the Indian Mutiny too. I think it’s going to be a very useful box for a lot of people.

Steve

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 07:51:31 PM »
Definately Red Rowan. Being careful with what you mix on a multi base you could paint up figures and adding/removign a base allows for all of the periods (Possible exception of mixing Jazails and AK47S)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 08:06:48 PM »
(Possible exception of mixing Jazails and AK47S)

lol lol lol

Yep, best avoided  :D

Online RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 08:39:45 PM »
 lol

They’ll be based individually as my interest is more skirmish than big battles these days. Basing them individually also means I can swap rule sets without having to worry about changing figure bases.

Steve

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 11:12:05 PM »
Even better then, a bunch of AFGHANS ARMED WITH jEZAILS AND KNIVES WORKS FROM EARLIER THAN 18.00 RIGHT UP 1900 AND BEYOND, JUST ADD ODD FIGURES WITH MORE MODERN WEAPONS DEPENDANT ON THE ERA BEIGN PLAYED AND THEN REMOVE THEM TO USE IN EARLIER CONFLICTS.

Online RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 08:30:20 AM »
Thanks Roger.

Steve

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 10:09:35 PM »
Oops just noticed, apologies for SHOUTING.