Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689619
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hemble's Star Wars Legion and Star Trek Diorama's  (Read 8902 times)

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
Re: Hemble's Star Wars Legion Diorama's
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:04 AM »
Nice dioramas! The speeder bike one especially

Thanks heaps mate.

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 07:56:57 AM »
These are fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 08:03:09 AM »
These are fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

My pleasure and thank you.

Wampa Attack - 28mm.

Recipe.

Figure's - The Snow Troopers are from FFG SW Legion box set and the Wampa's are from FFG Imperial Assault which I got from a mate in my model group.
The Wampa being shot has had his right arm modified and then puttied up and I also did two blaster hits with smoke coming up as his fur has been burnt.

Base - is thick foam board and the walls and ceiling were done using high density foam and then watered down spakfilla applied over it. The walking plates are just pieces of plastic card I had in my bits box and the crates are from FFG SW Legion Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion set

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 08:09:57 AM »
Hi All,

Scout Trooper dio #2, 28mm.

Recipe.

Scout/Speeder/Probe Droid - are from FFG SW Legion and Imperial Assault and the only mods done were to the speeder's handle's as I had to remove the arms and replace the throttle/handle's with thin plastic rod.

Base - is thick foam and the ground work is a mix of sand/dirt/lichen moss/static grass/thin sticks/dried leaves which were blended and applied to the base. Once the mix was dry it was given a few washes of Vallejo's Chocolate Brown, the ferns are plastic palm tree leaves which I trimmed down and repainted.

The tree is a branch which I just cut to size and foliage is a mix of grass tufts and lichen moss which I picked up from my local gaming store.

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 08:16:31 AM »
Hi All,

Survivors of Endor.

Recipe.

Scout Troopers - are from SW Legion and I used arms and heads from Airfix's 1:48 scale RAF ground crew set and the spears are from some 28mm spearmen I have had in the parts box for some years. The hair and beards were done using putty and I painted and weathered them using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

Base - is high density foam and the AT-ST is an old AMT kit, the tree trunks I picked up from the local bushland and the branches/leaves are from Woodland Scenics Fine Foliage range is the Olive Green set. The ground work has been done by blending dry leaves, thin twigs, lichen moss, fine sand and static grass in a blender and then applying it to the base using PVA glue.

I added the Vallejo Chocolate Brown washes to the ground work and then added the foliage using bush clumps from my local gaming shop, grass tufts from Army Painter, vines from MIG/Ammo and tall thin plants using cut paper which were painted and then Olive Green Fine leaf foliage from Woodland Scenics.

The simple spiked barricade was done using the thin branches that were left over from the Woodland Scenics Fine leaf foliage set which were sharpened by using a model knife. The rust and worn look on the AT-ST was done using pastel chalks, Vallejo's rust and corrosion pigments and a led pencil.

The tarps are done using tissue paper and the rocks holding the tarps down and the rocks for the fire place is kitty litter which has been painted and weathered. The boxes are boxes are from SW Legion and the two smaller containers are from the 1:48 Airfix RAF Ground crew set and the small comms array is a mix of parts from the parts box.

Offline Phyllion

• Scientist
    • Diary of a Gaming Magpie
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 03:08:56 PM »
Stunning work, nicely crafted dioramas

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
Stunning!!!
Awesome work!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 08:29:32 AM »
That one is awesome (the others were fantastic, but that is just awesome).

If I ever thought about what happened afterwards, I assumed the teddy bears stuck the survivors on sticks and cooked and ate them.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 10:40:24 AM »
That last one is cracking! Great idea! :-*

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 06:33:41 PM »
Great idea and execution on that last one :)

I'm also happy to see visual confirmation of my theory that 1:48 miniatures fit in with Legion miniatures.

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 07:52:11 AM »
Stunning work, nicely crafted dioramas

Thanks so much mate.

Stunning!!!
Awesome work!

Thank you mate.

That one is awesome (the others were fantastic, but that is just awesome).

If I ever thought about what happened afterwards, I assumed the teddy bears stuck the survivors on sticks and cooked and ate them.

Really appreciate the kind words mate thank you and I figured that there would have been a few that survived and didn't become imperial stew lol.

That last one is cracking! Great idea! :-*

Thanks heaps mate.

Great idea and execution on that last one :)

I'm also happy to see visual confirmation of my theory that 1:48 miniatures fit in with Legion miniatures.

Yeah there a few companies that fit in great like with the Legion figures and thank for the kind comment.

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 08:02:55 AM »
Hi All,

I can't take the credit for painting the Death troopers white, I saw Herman Guerrero on the Bandai Star Wars FB paint his 1:12 Death trooper white a few years back and loved it so I did a 1:12 one as well and now 28mm. Once I had finished I needed a name for him so I called it a Ghost trooper and the name has stuck ever since.

Ghost Trooper 1:28mm

Recipe.

Troopers - are from Fantasy Flight Games SW Legion game and I built them straight out of the box and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

Base - is a base from the SW Legion Scout trooper speeder bike set and the cliff face back section is foam and the front is a rock mould from Woodland Scenics.

once the rock mould was secured I used spakfilla on both sides and blended it in with the mould. The sand is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla and applied and once dry the base was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
Hi All,

Rebels - Battle of Scarif.

Recipe.

Figures, are a from FFG SW Legion and are the Endor Rebels and the leader has been converted using parts from Airfix 1:48 scale RAF WW2 ground crew and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is thick foam board and the sand is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla and is mixed with water until I get a consistency that looks like pan cake mix and then it is applied to the base.

The palm tree's are from ebay which were painted using Vallejo paints. The bushes from Woodland Scenics fine leaf light green set and the grass tufts are from Army Painter.

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 08:14:53 AM »
Hi All,

Scout trooper Sniper team.

Recipe.

Scouts - are from FFG Star Wars Legion box set and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is a large piece of bark and the tree's were made using branches and the leaves are from Woodland Scenics light green foliage set.

The tree's were glued into place and then a mix of fine sand and spakfilla was applied and once dry I then used a mix of static grass, dry leaves, thin twigs, lichen moss and blended them together and applied them to the base.

Once the mix was dry I then gave it a few washes of Vallejo's Chocolate brown to give it a forest floor feel to it. The grass tufts are from Army Painter and the bushes are from Woodland Scenics Olive green fine foliage set.

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2020, 08:19:47 AM »
Hi All,

Shoretrooper Scarif.

Recipe.

Figure's - are from Fantasy Flight Games and have been painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is high density foam and the tarmac was done by using a sharp pencil and scribing into the foam. The control panel is from Fantasy Flight Games and is from their Priority Supplies Battlefield expansion set.

The sand is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla with Vallejo's Iraqui Sand mixed in and the palm tree's I got of ebay and repainted the using Vallejo paints. the small ground foliage I picked up from my local gaming store and the large bushes are from Woodland Scenics, Olive Green foliage set.