Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:04:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690821
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 532
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Afghanistan Mat - Color Matching  (Read 757 times)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Afghanistan Mat - Color Matching
« on: January 12, 2020, 04:38:20 AM »
So I just started an Afghanistan project I've been wanting to do for ages (and like everyone here, I need a distraction from my main projects) and recently bought this Kill Team sized mat from Pwork. I'm looking for color ideas how to match my figure bases and eventually buildings to this scheme.

Any color recipes you're familiar with that could work for this? I guess I could also ask, if anyone is familiar with some inspiring Afghanistan terrain/tables you could share?

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Afghanistan Mat - Color Matching
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 03:26:34 AM »
I've decided to stick to my typical desert base color. It matches ok with the mat, and I'm not sure why the photo of the mat looks more orange-brown than it does in reality.

Not sure about the rock color I painted, or whether to just do the rocks the same color as the desert base, though the grey does look dramatic.

Offline Danger Close Miniatures

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
Your bases look good, the rocks really stand out but not in a bad way. I'm glad you've said the mat isn't that colour really, all the parts of the country I've been in have been very light coloured. AK Interactives dry ground/light earth is a good match, here's some Empress figures with the base covered in it.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:21:08 AM »
Thanks DCM. Your base looks pretty great too. I'm hearing alot on here about AK paint so may have to give those a look.