Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:39:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690738
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heads for Fireforge Knights etc  (Read 773 times)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Heads for Fireforge Knights etc
« on: January 12, 2020, 08:11:36 AM »
Hi Guys,
I am hoping to replace some heads on the Fireforge medieval infantry for bare heads or caps and I wondered if anyone has already done this and where did you source them?
Thanks in advance

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Heads for Fireforge Knights etc
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
The new Victrix Viking and Saxon sets have a lot of bare heads and heads in caps of various styles. The Frostgrave barbarians set also has lots of bare heads. Of course most of these (in both cases) tend to be pretty hairy and beardy / moustachioed. If you’re looking for clean shaven bare heads, there are not so many of those around, perhaps one or two in some of the Dark Age / Medieval plastic sets out there, like the Conquest Games archers.

I think I counted around almost 100 different separate heads across all the Perry WOTR and HYW sets. Of those, IIRC there are barely half a dozen in soft hats / caps / bareheaded... and the hats that are there are pretty definitively late period medieval in style, so probably won’t sit comfortably with Fireforge medievals, which are kind of 1200-ish in look  :?

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:04:27 AM »
In addition to those mentioned by Richard, I’d also consider the Westwind metal head sprues from their Dark Ages range - the Picts & Welsh heads will give you a few more options, depending upon the look you are going for - some quite scruffy moustache/bearded, but also some younger clean shaven options as well.

:)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 10:07:08 AM »
Victrix have the added benefit of being the right type of neck connection. In their ancients range there's a small sprue set with Balearic Slingers which has only plain clean shaved heads for example.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping to go for a Barons war look but useful for second crusade. I don't know why but I seem to always overlook Victrix. The dark age archer set is a good shout and may buy that just to have a few peasant bowmen. Thanks again... Captain Blood thank you for sharing your work by the way-my current project is all your fault!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 10:51:55 AM »
lol
I do get the blame quite a lot...

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:24:11 AM »
Frostgrave plastic sets offer a white range of bare heads and heads with caps

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
That's a good point Ich!! I even have a couple of sprues-I had not considered them and will dig them out now. Thanks for that