Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fenris Games Closing  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
Re: Fenris Games Closing
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 09:56:34 AM »
Thanks for the kinds words, and to those who've placed panic orders !

When are you likely to be accepting said panic orders until? I, er, need a supply of my favourite bases but I’m broke until next month.

FWIW I think you make/made the nicest resin bases available and there’s no really good alternative. Sorry I didn’t buy more. :-)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 12:39:35 PM »
When are you likely to be accepting said panic orders until? I, er, need a supply of my favourite bases but I’m broke until next month.

From Ian's statement:

....I also have a stall booked for Salute in April and aim to be bringing lots of new-to-shows goodies with me for sale on the day. For the short term, though, I'll not be producing any new stock, nor taking any new orders on beyond January 31st.....

Offline Kublaibenzine

• Student
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »
Ian’s bases are among the nicest l have ever used. It is a crying shame to see Fenris close.

I have placed an order for my favourite Innsmouth bases and still keep fingers crossed Ian will bounce back. I’ll be waiting to order when he does 😊

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
That is a sad shame, I wish I could contribute but January is an expensive month for me and I won't have any spare until 31st Jan. I've not looked at Fenris before, but that Apex 4x4 and the Norse runestones are going on the list!

Hope everything sorts itself out and best of luck.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 09:08:03 PM »
Sorry to hear such sad news. Top chap in the industry and away from it to.
Hope things improve Ian.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 11:40:46 PM »
As I've said else where - gutted to hear this.

I am in the process of putting an order in.

For me, I was lucky to have gotten to know Ian a bit by helping out a couple of years at Diceni, first running a participation game on an amazing table I could only dream of replicating and then a year behind the stand itself where I was probably more of a hindrance then help (only really getting to grips with which draw stock was in by the end of the day). Always patient, always helpful and kind. A top, top chap. I too, hope that he finds a way to bounce back. Sometimes folk need a break to get those batteries recharged.

The quality of of his products are bang on too. For such a small company, the range on offer is massive.

RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 01:53:17 PM »

Is it knowned if someone will take the molds?

I've tried to order the APEX Investigators set several times but it was always out of stock :'(
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »
Is it knowned if someone will take the molds?

I've tried to order the APEX Investigators set several times but it was always out of stock :'(
Yes, same with many of the Cthulhu Wars figures.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 10:03:37 PM »
Drat, that's most unfortunate, but I obviously cannot expect anyone to operate a business at a loss. :( I guess this is related to the wider issue that we're nowadays spoiled with countless mini and terrain companies of all imaginable kinds and even more. I definitely enjoy the fuzzy feeling that whatever I might possibly need for a project some day is always available in some strange corner of the internet. However, the phrase "might possibly" rarely turns into reality, and the chances of it hitting any specific company are getting really slim. No matter how convenient the situation is to a potential customer, just being available doesn't pay the bills.

Well, time to put together the panic order, I guess. :?