Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hello from the frozen tundra of MN  (Read 2135 times)

Offline kingpin

• Assistant
Hello from the frozen tundra of MN
« on: July 18, 2009, 01:59:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just stopping in to introduce myself and then go out and play in the one day of summer we have here in MN :)  I've been in and out of painting for the last thirty years currently back in working on a bunch of lead I've had around the house and waiting for some new stuff to show in the mail.

Spare time is spent in the shop casting for my home business "The Lost Battalion Miniatures".  So really it's nice to be able to sit and in a few hours punch out a completed figure or two.  Time is a rare commodity but do manage to get in some gaming with the locals on occasion, usually starts with delusions of grandeur and ends up in a drunken mess.  Still fun though and thats what it's all about

Hope to get to know lots of new people make new friends and expand the horizons!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Hello from the frozen tundra of MN
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »
Well hello there and welcome to the LAF!

What's MN? Does it mean Minnesota? Do you really have weird Swedish chef accents up there, like in the movie Fargo:)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline kingpin

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 11:07:38 PM »
Yah you bet Minnesota is dah right answer dere.  Most of us however have been able to shed the cheap accents though :D

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »
Welcome. Come join the gang and a better one you won't find. But tell us more about this little figure casting thing you're doing...  :D
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline kingpin

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »
Thanks Doomhippie.  My business is a good example of what can happen when your hobby goes wrong.  I started out painting larger scale figures 54mm - 120mm and thought owning a business would be a great way to get cheaper figures!  Well one thing led to another and I ended up buying out a couple lines of figures along with starting my own.  Now I cast, cast, cast with little time to paint.  I mainly work in resin but also do some metal spin casting.  My company is called The Lost Battalion and my website is tlbminatures.com