Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Snapcase All At Sea!  (Read 16698 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Snapcase All At Sea!
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »
On the left is Toussaint Lafermature, a field hand on the Governor's sugar plantation. In secret Toussaint is planning a slave revolt on the island and he and his compatriots have been stealing firearms and ammunition as and when they can. Next is Rosalina. Rosalina is trusted to travel between plantations and has been carrying secret messages for Toussaint to ferment revolt across the island. Wolfgang Ewald Leo Helmuth Creutzfeldt is next. This 7' giant is known to all and sundry as 'Tiny'. Originally from Hamburg, Tiny has an excellent knack of appearing to be completely stupid as and when it suits him. On the right is Albert Tatlock, landlord of the 'Rover's Return' a tavern on one of the outlying islands. Albert is usually described as a grumpy old curmudgeon by his patrons but serves excellent porter. One of his customers, a certain Walter Gabriel refers to Albert as "that awkward old codger" and he should know!

The latest addition to the Town Watch is Captain Delphine Angua von Überwald. The other members of the Watch have been seen in an earlier post. Angua is the daughter of the Baron and Baroness of Überwald. Her surprising strength and tough attitude have made her one of the most feared officers of the Town Watch.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:59:35 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 04:51:35 PM »
This cottage is the home of Madame Moulay. If you remember, she is a Soucouyant, a malignant witch believed to shed her skin by night and suck the blood of her victims. Madame Moulay has named her cottage, Mon Repos.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:01:55 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2020, 09:16:52 PM »
Lovely project. :-* :-* :-*
Will follow with interest.
Keep em coming.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2020, 09:00:14 AM »
Lovely project. :-* :-* :-*
Will follow with interest.
Keep em coming.

Thanks, Rui, will do!   :)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »
The Watch Tower is now complete. The base it stands on and the boat now need painting. Captain Snapcase, Bluebottle and Old Scrotingsack are heading out to sea on another Caribbean adventure. Foul Ole Ron begs on the quayside but owing to his malodorous smell, no one can get near enough to toss him a copper or two. Al Capon, the harbour-master is hoping to blast that shark out of the water with his blunderbuss.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:22:34 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2020, 01:04:56 PM »
Splendid stuff, I'm very much enjoying seeing this come together and reading the bios of all the characters. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline DeRuyter

• Bookworm
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »
Hmm, that Tiny fella looks familiar. Maybe a one time companion of the Dread Pirate Roberts?

Cracking work!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2020, 05:57:29 AM »
Now wait just a darn tootin' minute - did you plant that clock in the photo to go along with the Watch Tower opening?  Did ya, hunh, did ya?  ::)

Pardon, but did you name one of your characters Old Scrotumsack?  I swear that's what I read.  Really, I do.  :D

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »
Splendid stuff, I'm very much enjoying seeing this come together and reading the bios of all the characters. :)

Thanks, Malamute. Plenty more on the way but my laptop has crashed, the PC Geek is reinstalling Windows and I should have it back on Monday. I will be posting more characters then.

DeRuyter, I think you may be right about the Dread Pirate Roberts!

FifteensAway, yes you are right about the clock, maybe I should have put a background in to hide that and one of my painting lights.

As to Old Scrotingsack, the various guises of the Snapcase dynasty are always served by an ancient and wrinkled family retainer. The current butler at Snapcase Hall is known to all and sundry as Old Scrotum!

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2020, 07:52:20 AM »
I love this project, looking forward to seeing more. Really like the watchmen conversions of Trent minis combined with Anvil heads, went with the same myself!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2020, 08:15:37 AM »
Coming all very nicely, indeed!  8)

As to Old Scrotingsack, the various guises of the Snapcase dynasty are always served by an ancient and wrinkled family retainer. The current butler at Snapcase Hall is known to all and sundry as Old Scrotum!
  lol
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2020, 04:18:19 PM »
Al Capon, the harbour-master is hoping to blast that shark out of the water with his blunderbuss.

By the look of it this seems rather to be a dolphin's fluke than a shark's tail...  ::)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2020, 02:59:25 PM »
I love this project, looking forward to seeing more. Really like the watchmen conversions of Trent minis combined with Anvil heads, went with the same myself!

manatic, great minds think alike!

Coming all very nicely, indeed!

Thanks, Steve.

By the look of it this seems rather to be a dolphin's fluke than a shark's tail...

Absolutely right, Michi. It is a dolphin.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2020, 08:45:51 AM »
Come closer friends, for to disclose this scandal, one must whisper. In times gone by, Captain Teatime Snapcase was wont to dally with the affections of one Morgan Adams. This Morgan is a feisty pirate with her own ship and crew and a rather bloodthirsty pirate to boot. Then, and this is when the scandal began, somehow Teatime encountered Verity Felicity Fotheringay-Featherstonhaugh, eldest daughter of the Governor of Islas de Pasaje de Vuelta. Struck by Cupid’s arrow, Teatime enticed the beautiful Verity (known to her intimates as Peaches) away from the family home with tales of rum, gold and adventure on the high seas.

Needless to say, Morgan was somewhat disenchanted with this development and challenged Peaches to a duel. Peaches, thinking herself a competent swordswoman, met Morgan at dawn on the beach below El Acantilados de Flatulencia. Morgan outclassed her and Peaches lost her left eye to Morgan’s rapier.

Peaches has sworn to exact revenge from Morgan. Teatime, not wanting her to lose the other eye, has employed the services of one Syrio Forel, a Spanish fencing master who has retired to Islas de Pasaje de Vuelta.

Seen here is Peaches first lesson with Syrio. Syrio has suggested that Peaches should start chasing cats to improve her speed and dexterity! Teatime observes whilst a concealed Morgan watches in consternation from the roof nearby.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2020, 09:15:10 AM »
Great project! I'll be following this thread! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi