Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 728
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars terrain - Tatooine buildings WIP  (Read 516 times)

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
Star Wars terrain - Tatooine buildings WIP
« on: January 20, 2020, 07:41:12 AM »
I've started working on some Star Wars Legion terrain for Tatooine or similar desert planet.

I picked up some very cheap plastic baskets at a local discount hardware store, and set to work with a sharp knife, masking tape, scrap cardboard and wall filler.

The baskets: https://www.harald-nyborg.dk/produkt/kurv-seoul-organizer-s-gra and https://www.harald-nyborg.dk/produkt/kurv-seoul-organizer-l-gra. £0,68 and £1.13 respectivly.

Fireforge/Perry hybrid for scale:

The doors arent attached yet, waiting for the filler to dry. They might need a quick sanding before moving forward.

Large building:

Small building:

There are 3 of them, apart from slighly different doors they're identical.

I plan using 2 of the small ones as independent buildings, and the last of the small and the large forming a compound with walls between the buildings.

Apart from paint I think they'll need windows, some antennas and wires from plasticard/rod and wire, the odd mechanical bits made from assorted caps from toothpaste, squeeze bag smoothies and the like.
Maybe I'll pick up a styrofoam ball to cut in half for a dome.

I have a lot of plans:
More houses of different sizes.
Cliffs and rocks.
A market with cloth covered stalls.
Towers, a couple of them with domed roofs.
Lots of walls.
A scrap yard/junk dealer - as a place to use cutoff's and spare bits.
A landing pad/hangar/airport.
A couple of modelkits. Revell does a 1:50 X-wing, a 1:44 A-wing, a 1:48 Snowspeeder which are all resonably priced.
2 boards each 2x3 feet. The first just a basic flat desert, maybe some cliffs on the second.

Id like to do a scratch built light freighter - this is more of a "wishlist" than "to do" item as these things are huge in 1:47. Most canon freighters are between 90cm and 50cm in length. I dont know if my modelling skills (or patience) are up to it.

Any suggestions for smaller craft I could try building?

I want to do some scatter terrain too, but I'm at a loss for ideas - any suggestions?

I'll be using Legion models and 3D printed aftermarket models to populate the place. The plan is to play the Rebels of the Outer Rim mod for Rangers of Shadow Deep, or some Galactic Heroes games on the table.

There's my progress so far and my big unrealisting plans, stay tuned for some glacierly slow progress.