Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for (54mm+) figures suitable as wedding cake toppers  (Read 809 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Looking for (54mm+) figures suitable as wedding cake toppers
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:37:57 PM »
Good people of the LAF,

I'm getting married this summer (Covid permitting) and would quite like to have miniatures I've painted as wedding cake toppers, however, I'm having trouble finding anything suitable (and my plans to have a search at Salute this spring have been scotched).  Could anyone point me in the direction of some 54mm+ figures in elegant/formal dress, ideally unarmed, but just in a non-combat pose might work?  (Alternatively, an RAF officer in dress uniform would work for the groom if such a figure exists.)
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
Re: Looking for (54mm+) figures suitable as wedding cake toppers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 09:19:42 PM »
Good people of the LAF,

I'm getting married this summer (Covid permitting) and would quite like to have miniatures I've painted as wedding cake toppers, however, I'm having trouble finding anything suitable (and my plans to have a search at Salute this spring have been scotched).  Could anyone point me in the direction of some 54mm+ figures in elegant/formal dress, ideally unarmed, but just in a non-combat pose might work?  (Alternatively, an RAF officer in dress uniform would work for the groom if such a figure exists.)

I do a vast range of 54mm figures through Imperial MIniatures - website is offline at the moment as I am updating it due to having to register for VAT.

drop me a line at mike@blackhat.co.uk and I am sure I can find something for you.

We have a recast of the hilco Bridal party- depends how Toy soldier style or model style you want the figures to be

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 10:20:04 PM »
Firstly, congratulations.

This might not be your cup of tea but thought I'd point it out.

Custom figures made from polymer clay according to your requirements.
I would assume, as the designer seems to be fairly open to input, that they would create exactly what you are after and send the minis to you when ready to be painted.
They mention uniforms.

https://artfulcaketoppers.co.uk

Hope this helps, I'll drop another link if I see something more in line with what you've asked for.

Cheers

Edit....found these

https://www.sanddmodels.co.uk/products_32_1940s.htm

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:28:11 PM by Ranthony »
Exodus 1:10 KJV
Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 02:48:49 PM »
Thank-you for the pointers.  Mike, I'll drop you an e-mail.  Ranthony, I'd seen Artful Cake Toppers (they're my current Plan B), but that Gp Capt is a strong contender (I'd have to remove the wings and scrambled egg from his hat though, being non aircrew and not quite that senior, but that's easily done).