Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690652
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

Would you buy Kev Adams sculpted chaos goblins?

Yes. Yes I would. This is like some beautiful dream
9 (28.1%)
Pretty likely
4 (12.5%)
Possibly...
7 (21.9%)
Unlikely, but I could be swayed
2 (6.3%)
No, not my kind of thing
10 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: !!Kev Adams Chaos Goblins!! Would you buy them? Because he wants to make them!  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
If you're anything like me the idea of Kev Adams sculpted chaos goblins sounds like a perfect storm of hobby goodness, maybe something you'd daydream about. But they're real...

You may be aware that there's currently a Kickstarter underway named "The Treadmill of Hubris", aimed at allowing Kev a stepping stone to a business where he can let his creative spark run wild:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goblinmaster/the-treadmill-of-hubris-kevin-adams-independent-launch/

You're probably also aware the organisers of this Kickstarter already have a very comprehensive post about the it already on this forum:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=122346.0

The Kickstarter's only got 3 days left and it's already funded, but a few days ago they released the picture above, The Oddgoblin. Kev's plan is for this to be the first of a range of chaos goblins. Kev says he was really enthusiastic to sculpt this guy and has got loads of ideas written down and sketched for other Oddgoblins.

Unfortunately, I seem to be the only person posting on the Kickstarter message board who's specifically expressing excitement about the Oddgoblins. As a result, Kev doesn't think he can see the Oddgoblins happening as a range.

Thing is I just don't believe I'm the only person this idea appeals to, so I mentioned it on the main post and it was suggested a poll might be a good way to demonstrate to Kev that an audience does exist.

Kev's said he's envisaged this range with the 'oldhammer' crowd in mind (i.e. old school metal collectors, narrative wargamers and eclectic nutters) and I know there's a fair few of those around these parts so, if anyone is interested in this idea I'm really hoping you'll vote to say so.

As I've mentioned in the main post: You don't know me, I've been lurking round for years but I feel compelled to post about this and hope you don't mind me shouting up

I have no vested interest in this beyond the fact that my favourite sculptor wants to fully open the floodgates on his creativity with a range that sits right in the sweet spot for his skills but places zero restrictions on what he can do. We could be talking C12 gobbo levels of character meets the Perry chaos goblins, blessed by Kev's direct line to the greenskin dimension and the sculpting skills he's been honing since the 80s. And judging by the sculpt above (which he did off the cuff!) I'm confident they'd be modern classics. 4 ears people, it's got 4 ears!

The organisers of the Kickstarter have given me permission to post this poll and if you, like me, would love to see exactly how chaotic a goblin can get, please show some support  :) :) :)

Cheers for reading!
\"Black, his codpiece made of metal...\"

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
I really like the idea of these. Thanks for putting the poll up.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Yep, thans! Here’s another supporter of chaos gobbos.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
This guy is better than the normal goblins. Love the feet/beak combo. A small gang of those would be nice.

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
Massive thanks to everyone who's taken the time to vote!  :D :D :D

I've posted a message on the Kickstarter about the response here - Really hope this it convinces Kev there's a market for them!

I really like the idea of these. Thanks for putting the poll up.

Thanks for the support and suggesting the poll, brilliant idea  :D

Yep, thans! Here’s another supporter of chaos gobbos.

Excellent, cheers DivisMal!

This guy is better than the normal goblins. Love the feet/beak combo. A small gang of those would be nice.

Thanks, dartfrog! It's great to know I'm not alone in thinking these are a brilliant idea

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
I really like this figure

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
I really like this figure

He's great, isn't he

Loads of little incongruous features that hint at a backstory

The four ears/beak combo makes me think he'd be good at snapping passing insects out of the air, which in turn makes me think he lives near still water, (maybe in a swampy hideout)

Also, the ears might make him the gang's lookout

And the stoic look on his face combined with the way he's hefting that club suggest something decisive's about to happen. Maybe he's spotted an incoming attacker and he's bracing for impact. Or maybe he's just noticed someone who owes him money and he's about to stomp over and put a hurting on them...