Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690827
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: S.H.O.D.D.Y. 40k (Cheap Sci-Fi Tank)  (Read 27617 times)

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
Re: S.H.O.D.D.Y. 40k (Cheap Sci-Fi Tank)
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2020, 11:35:59 PM »
Chickenbane: There is another SHODDY on its way, creeping and wheezing (and smelling particularly bad).It will be revealed shortly - I hope it does not disappoint!

FramFramson: A Temple Tank is a great idea, just what any Chaplain requires to inspire/enforce devotion the the Imperial Cult among the battle brothers (as well as, in the case of the Emperor's Heliotropes Chapter, to settle once and for all the long-running dispute between 2nd and 4th Companies about the flower arranging rota in the Reclusiam).

Snowdogs: Many thanks for your comments, it is always nice to hear when my scribblings and bodgings are of interest to others. Good luck with your project and I look forward to seeing it take shape on this forum in due course!

News from the Front - the "Squat" crew members for the SPAMM very kindly created and donated by forum member Moriarty have arrived!

I particularly like the mole mortar bomb cradled tenderly by one chap, and their magnificent (and of course utterly convincing) facial hair. Their vehicle is still undergoing final field adjustments (i.e. I still have to finish it) and in the meantime they will be issued with front line uniforms (i.e. I need to paint them) before they commence active duty. I also have a plan to provide them with an officer. To be continued...

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2020, 08:05:19 AM »
Damn. That loader ‘tache slipped :-( Now I am wondering about the officer - will he carry a white cane to rationalise the obviously non-Squat crew (and explain the shoddy marksmanship), or perhaps his bionics are such that he doesn’t have the software to tell the difference? Ohh! The angst!

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2020, 05:45:46 PM »
The Super SHODDY has received the blessings of Nurgle:

So, was it just the basic MOT you wanted, sir, or the full service and valet?

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
Love the eyeball
and the slim in the hatch

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2020, 07:59:15 PM »
Wonderful modelling agree the slime in the hatch is class

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2020, 08:06:50 AM »
No flies on that one. Oh, wait . . .

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2020, 10:24:05 AM »
I have just read through the entire thread and been suitably impressed and not just a little surprised with what you have managed to do so far. As someone looking for cheap 40k proxies for an upcoming AM project, I do hope you carry on and provide me with lots more inspiration. ;)

+1.000.000!

Don't stop this madness Spartha, please!

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2020, 12:27:32 PM »
Awesome job!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2020, 06:53:35 PM »
Cool.

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2021, 12:19:44 AM »
Thanks for all the comments! And the madness will continue...

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2021, 07:05:28 AM »
Madness? This. Is. S.H.O.D.D.Y!

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2021, 10:25:40 AM »
"Major, might I have a quick word?"

The Major looked up from his desk and failed to conceal his irritation. He had a pile of paperwork to get through that night and the last thing he needed was to waste time listening to a young officer earnestly drone on about the latest Stronghold Junior Officer College fad.  His brow furrowed above his bristly grey eyebrows. "Yes, Lieutenant?"

"Sir, it's the new replacement crew members that arrived today. There is something... not quite right about them."

"What do you mean? Are they bright green and have silly mustaches?"

The joke seemed to fall flat.  "Sir, I would never... Sir" the Lieutenant stammered indignantly. "This is the 41st Millennium, Sir.  This is an Equal Opportunities Regiment and I assure you I have fully bought in to our core values in that respect. I would never dream of discriminating against a fellow Squat on the grounds of religion, sexuality, ethnicity or facial hair style."

"Lieutenant, I am just teasing."  The Major smiled sourly. "I am well aware of that your approach is thoroughly... modern. What was it that you were concerned about then?"

"Well, Sir, the paper work for these two seems to have been held up at Division, so I was inputting their details manually. When I asked for names the first lad said his name was..." The Lieutenant checked his notes "..."Bogglum Squigloafer". I pointed out that that was a funny name for a Squat and he looked decidedly shifty, Sir. He then said it was a nickname, Sir. Said it was short for..." He checked his notes again. "Doc". His companion seemed to find it amusing. That is until Doc confirmed his companion's name as "Dopey". Does that not seem a little odd to you, Sir?"

The Major shrugged. "Well, Lieutenant, personally I'm a fan of traditional names. Although my wife has more modern tastes." He thought of his son, South Plum, and felt a tiny pang of regret.

"Well, Major that is not all. As part of our on-boarding process I take all new arrivals on a tour of the base, toilets, fire-escapes etc. In the canteen I introduced them to Corporal Oakenshield and his detail who were busy making the pies for tonight. Doc looked him straight in the eye and said: "Ah, you must be Snow White!" I mean, can you imagine! Oakenshield nearly brained him with a ladle! The funny thing was, Doc looked genuinely shocked."

"I'd say say that shows admirable bravery, wouldn't you, Lieutenant? And a sense of humour is important in a soldier, even one that is not quite up to your standard of political correctness."

"Yes, Sir" said the Lieutenant doubtfully. "But there was another thing. They kept singing this strange song. Something about going off to work in a mine, Hi-ho Hi-ho and so on. They seemed to expect me to join in!"

The Major sighed. "So they like a bit of folk music. Just because a song lacks a contribution from a guest grime MC doesn't make singing it a court martial offence. Was that all, Lieutenant?"

"Um, just one other thing, Sir. After they had eaten, showered and were preparing to turn in Dopey said to me that "Being a Squat tank crew is far better than being a Gretchen in Ghazgob Thrashbucket's warband where you only get to eat what those greedy Orks leave behind, you get kicked if you sing while you work and you get teased if they find out you have been watching films about Princesses"."

The Major considered this for a while in silence. Finally he spoke. "Well, I imagine he is right. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Er, yes, I suppose so, Sir."

"Excellent. Dismissed."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:27:19 PM by Bearwoodman »

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2021, 10:32:32 AM »
I have some crew for the SHODDY SPAMM now! Many thanks to Moriarty for providing the new recruits and thumbs up to INSO also of this forum for the excellent sculpting on the officer. Just need to finish the vehicle now...

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2021, 11:21:05 AM »
Nice paint on the trio :) . That officer certainly looks a little unconvinced by his two subordinates :) .

It's always nice to see one of my sculpts painted and in this case, it certainly has a "2nd Edition WH40K" look about it. Nicely done :) .

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2021, 11:55:22 AM »
Ah! A fine body of . .  men? Just don’t twirl that moustache too hard :-)

Curious as to the bases - thought they might be going -inside- the tank? Or is it best to keep a safe distance when the thing is fired? Jolly Good Show, in any event.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:57:51 AM by Moriarty »