Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Back from Historicon  (Read 4789 times)

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
Back from Historicon
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »
I put a little write up for Historicon and several hundred pictures up on my blog http://www.littleleadheroes.com/.  I had a lot of fun.  Pictures really don't do justice to some of the games run there.  The Piquet Wagram game run by Peter Anderson's group was amazing, probably 30 linear feet and upwards of 3,000 well-painted 28mm figures!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:36:46 PM by The Gonk »

Offline Nazrat

• Assistant
Re: Back from Historicon
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:36:38 AM »
I saw you walk by on the stairs in the Dealer's Room but wasn't able to catch you to say "Hi".  You had your handle on your name tag so I knew it was you.  Maybe next time!  8)=

Jerry
"I can't understand why you don't get any mail from me. Perhaps it's because I haven't been writing."  Groucho

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D                   
Despite my doom and gloom about not getting the time off work to go, I got there after all albeit for a fleeting visit!!!!!!!

I got home from work on Friday, and mooched around the house asking myself if a weekend trip down to the Convention was doable.  My better half got in at 9pm, at 10pm we were on our way.  An exceedingly long 11 hour drive followed through fog and road works, over rivers, mountains and across borders arriving at Historicon at around 8:30am.

Saw Hitman on the Reception Desk, borrowed his room key so we could get showered and cleaned up (thanks Robin) then it was back to the Host for a day of shopping and admiring the eye candy.

Managed to book a room at the Strasburg Historic Inn.  Left the Host at around 5:00pm intending to go for a swim and then go out for dinner.  Got to our room , layed down for a minute and woke up at 6am on Sunday morning.  Went for a walk around Strasburg, had breakfast, back to the Host did some more shopping then hit the road for home at 11am.  Arrived home at 10:30pm.

Up for work at 5.40am

Now it's nearly time to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...................................... :D
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 03:52:47 AM »
I saw you walk by on the stairs in the Dealer's Room but wasn't able to catch you to say "Hi".  You had your handle on your name tag so I knew it was you.  Maybe next time!  8)=

Jerry

Ah, that's too bad!  I met a few TMPrs there-- Illumisar, Deathwing and IronMarshal I recall, there may have been a couple of others I met, I'm not sure.  Anyway, it's fun to meet up with new people and chat and drink or whatever.  Next year, flag me down!

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:53:31 AM »
Great show and fantastic to meet so many people and put a face to their name. Nazrat sorry I did not get to meet you Patrick did try to get us to meet up.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
An exceedingly long 11 hour drive followed through fog and road works, over rivers, mountains and across borders arriving at Historicon at around 8:30am.

:o I'd baulk at a 22 hour round trip for a 2 week holiday. To do that for a short weekend and still be able to function in between is mighty impressive!

You have my undying admiration for you dedication to the cause  ;)

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »
I had to fly from London to get to Historicon!

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »
It was great to see Sterling Moose at the con...when I saw him walk up to the Reistration Desk, I was stunned...especially when he had just given me his money on Tuesday to pick up his toys!! Glad you made it, and it explains why I didn't see you later on too!! The boys (Hitman 2 and Hitman 3) missed being able to catch up with you.
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Nazrat

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
Great show and fantastic to meet so many people and put a face to their name. Nazrat sorry I did not get to meet you Patrick did try to get us to meet up.

Gah!  Missing getting to meet you was probably one of the big disappointments of the show!  I have so many of your Brigade Pacific models that it's only right I should get to shake your hand and buy you a pint.  Definitely next time!

Jerry

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 04:55:27 PM »
I have so many of your Brigade Pacific models that it's only right I should get to shake your hand and buy you a pint.

Sounds more like he should shake your hand and buy you a pint.

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »
It was a great con, and I met a bunch of TMPers and LAFers.

Beer was also perpetrated with Hicksy.

I believe I'll have to see if i can't get myself to Fall In!.

Anyway - good to meet you all, either as a repeat meeting or a new intro.

Patrick
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
Conquest having a mini stolen really sucks. 

Thanks for taking and sharing the pics of the convention.  I managed to pack everything except my camera.
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline zebcook

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 12:27:40 AM »
I confess to enjoying my time greatly and it was pleasure to meet some fellow LAFers (even if I hardly ever post).

Now I've got to keep the flames of inspiration going long enough to build a table for next year since it's going to be in my town.

Zeb

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 04:02:28 AM »
I had a great time too.  I also enjoyed Peter Anderson's Wagram Games.  Piquet is my favorite Miniature Rules System.  I was in my glory with many Piquet Games offered.  Thank you.

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 06:58:56 AM »
I had a great time too.  I also enjoyed Peter Anderson's Wagram Games.  Piquet is my favorite Miniature Rules System.  I was in my glory with many Piquet Games offered.  Thank you.

You played in the last game, Wagram?  Where were you?  I was the Austrians covering most of the second "segment" from our left.

Piquet is my absolute favorite, too.  Especially Fields of Battle, because it drops a lot of the stuff I usually forget anyway and focuses on what makes Piquet Piquet.